First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

I Bigly agree . . . Bigly

2 Likes

I feel like the best use case for the higher kv is AWD. I wouldnā€™t want to lose the umph of the 75kv version for top endā€¦ AWD 90kv?.. best of both worlds!

1 Like

I opted for the 90KV version primarily because there are no hills where I live and ride, and I quite fancy the option of going 35mph+ on 107 wheelsā€¦ Mine will be a 2WD setup.

Acceleration is too fast for me on my current dual 6374 board, but the top end is too slow @ 29mph. Figured a less aggressive but ultimately faster second board would provide a nice alternative for me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

so with AWD I need less torque per drive -> weight of board and me / 4 (instead of / 2) but Iā€™d still have the ~35mph to speed, or am I seeing something wrong? so if I would change to 90KV, I would have ~45mph top speed and still a torque comparable to 2WD?

Iā€™m not really sure if I want to go 45mph as my raptor2 was about 31mph, and yes, I would have liked even more sometimes, but itā€™s already hella fast and if you have to bailā€¦ had that with about 18mph and as it was summer and I didnā€™t have protection (only helmet) I ate some shit -> next board wonā€™t be ridden without protection

That is my theory, we will see. Might have even more torque than 2wd 75kv.

If I was doing 2wd, I would go 75kv. I wouldnā€™t do 4wd on 75kv, donā€™t think it would be worth it. How quickly do you really need to reach 35? But having that same quickness, but 10mph more top end potentialā€¦ now we talking!

Not that I will use that kind of speed often, but I like to experiment!

1 Like

was more thinking of the ability to climb up hills raptor2 at rspec mode did a good job, but not on every hill as itā€™s not so flat here, Iā€™d like to be able to go uphill the more hills I can

But I see your point, if there arenā€™t many hills around

1 Like

Man, I think there will be 0 torque issues with 4wd 90kv and a good size battery. Should be boss as shit!

2 Likes

@torqueboards whatā€™s your statement on this?

Makes sense if you want faster than 35mph. If you donā€™t Iā€™d stay at 75kv. @directC

1 Like

8 Likes

Lolwhut? This just tells me you arenā€™t paying attention. Good for you, kid.

Kid? You can do better.

/shrug, there are bigger things to worry about.

Whatā€™s the production timeline for theese DD again? IDK if you answered it already @torqueboards

@Winfly planning on getting started soon that way we finish in time. Everything has been tested already. Now time for more people to ride and put a lot more miles on these motors :smile: for more long-term testing.

2 Likes

Not very specificā€¦ When should we be expecting our orders to arrive? I understand you donā€™t want to commit to a date because of the possibility of delays, but a rough estimate would be nice.

@BruSkater Shooting for February 2019 for delivery. So weā€™re planning on getting them done ahead of that within the next month. Wheels may take longer possibly but not 100% sure yet.

3 Likes

This is exactly my plan. Aiming for 100 kv with my next 4 hummie hubs. But that extra omph is really niceā€¦

3 Likes

FYI - Iā€™m going to extend the stator on the DD setup just a bit. :smile:

14 Likes