First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

We are using N42SH magnets. We haven’t had any issues with heating. Trying to get more out there in the wild so we can do more testing but there’s a ton of cooling so I doubt it would be a problem. We had 2-3 different hub motor versions which we’ve tested in the past. I’d like to think I’ve checked everything off as far as having any heating issues but always room for improvement.

90mm’s would do great… 80mm would be cutting it short. Probably wouldn’t use 80mm.

Should be fine. I’m sure, you’ve seen short boards with a 218mm Truck.

With wheels on our DD setup is only about 10-15mm wider than our 218mm setup. It’s barely noticeable.

Should be interesting. :smile:

3 Likes

I’d like to see a 3 way race between yours, @Hummie’s and @fliess custom DD

10 Likes

Torque D-Drive + Hummie Deck What do you think ? Good combo ? Enough clearance ? Let me know your thoughts. thanks

2 Likes

Top mount would be fine. Drop through the motors would probably foul on the deck.

2 Likes

Top mounting the hummie deck will be not too flexy ?
Specially for an AWD set up ?

Top mounting shouldn’t affect the flex?

2 Likes

Anybody wanna share a 4wd order? Lol I’ve got sr trucks for the front

3 Likes

You ordered 2 drives?

I wish… I was thinking if i ordered a 4wd with someone we would both have 2wd kits just without front trucks, save a little $$. Lol

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for these to come out since I joined the site. this is actually the first thread i bookmarked and followed. I had some money saved up for when they came out but this injury is making me feel guilty about spending it. I really want them tho

7 Likes

Thats easy, skip the surgery and let your arm atrophy and rot away. A man has to have priorities

13 Likes

Just go on disability lol, because I sure as hell can’t do either one of my jobs with one arm. I can still build and ride tho

5 Likes

I have ordered the 4wd 90kv and would consider doing this.

6 Likes

@F.Taylor Send me a pm and let me know what you’re thinking. I just realized that it ends on cyber Monday not on the 1st like the raptor pre order…:weary::confounded::expressionless: Balls

2 Likes

@Skunk You can email us we’ll hold the price for you.

11 Likes

And the winner is

Biglys

I humbly and graciously accept my naming contest prize, sending address on now

7 Likes

If there was ever a cripplingly embarrassing segment of US history needing to be erased, it is this parasite’s entire family legacy.

13 Likes

One right understanding I’d need Lower KV is better for hill climbing and bigger wheels (pneumatics) Higher KV is for higher topspeed

Is that right like that? I’m never really sure about this

Got me the 75KV version, or better said I was so early with buying, the option wasn’t even there But I’d like to go for pneumatics when (if) they come out

@directC Yeah, we’ll test for pneumatics and let everyone know.

6 Likes

Ill test them for ya. :wink:

5 Likes