First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Someone who still hasn’t set it up with VESC but it going to, I have a request for you. Please take a screenshot of the motor detection with these motors.

2 Likes

Jokes on all of you guys. Jerry and and Dexter are the same person. Has anyone seen them both at the same time?

I think not.

But for real though. @epss4 if you want the initial run on brand new tech and you want sheer and utter perfection…

image-8

I feel like the people who always say “now now now, hurry up, give me my future tech” are the same dudes who complain about minor inconveniences. Not you specifically Eloi, just a general observation.

But that’s showbiz baby!

19 Likes

I agree with you guy 100% !

1 Like

thanks for the answer, coul you post the link of the 3d print ?

are you running 10s or 12s?

Anyone tried using the DDs with a Hummie deck in drop-through setup? (For science!) It should be totally doable, especially if you route the deck so that the trucks are flush with the top of the deck like here:

1 Like

Its my own design. Will put it on google drive without my logo and pm you.

@Quiles 12s4p charge only bms, made by pjotr.

It started raining… damn! Such an urge to get on that board

2 Likes

@rusins me and finges planed to mount it drop through but the motors are bigger than expected.

@FredXanadu its a wildboar-d crash pack bumper. Cut to size and epoxied where needed.

@torqueboards

Thats ok! Just to let you know your own abec7 bearings from your 97mm wheels wont fit either. Tried bones red, oust9 and torqueboards abec7.

9 Likes

Very nice crash bumper :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

2 Likes

I am thinking of doing it… Would require routing on top and making wells on bottom.

2 Likes

Do it. Show us how.

I have the necessary parts but not a morsel of effort in my body for experimentation

3 Likes

Well I have to wait for God knows how much time to get my DD back. So maybe you could show us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i would love to have the same riser as yours where did you get them or are the 3d printed

ddpost

not funny anymore :frowning: I feel like I’m twelve and waiting for xmas or something with all you guys posting pictures of something I also own but is moving at a glacial pace into my hands. No way they will be delivered before tomorrow, and then everything shuts down until Tuesday due to Easter (plus I’m away on holiday until Thursday). In which case it might be the following week until these thing finally arrive.

USPS postal service is possibly the worst option that could have been used here. A heads up to anyone else thinking of importing these from outside the USA… ask TB to send using a different service - pay the extra, it’ll will be worth it for your nerves !!! :slight_smile:

EDIT: phoned them up and managed to pay over the phone in advance of the letter being sent to me. I’m allowed to collect at lunchtime…

8 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

No problem here with usps whatsoever this time. And no customs fees which I didn’t expect.

I did climb the steepest hill around today (really steep) and the thing flew up there like nothing. Felt like my belt drive… but silent. Brakes are impressive. I had to tone them down a bit (-53a/-15a) compared to the raptor 2.1 its not even funny… raptor was not able to climb the same incline and came to a stand still.

The motors do get hot though. Lunaci must be a lot lighter than me (who wonders me being 220lbs) to manage these mountainroads in her review video with handwarm motors.

8 Likes

Sorry I don’t know anything about this but is it theoretically possible to simply exchange the raptor 2.1 hubs with the TB DD motors and connect them to the unity?

Did you do a build thread ?

Yes, you can. The sensor connectors are different and need to be converted.

1 Like

Hi guys,

where did you buy these direct drives? on the Torque boards site it says pre order only