First Electric Longboard Build! Input and Help Needed!

Hi all! This is my first post on the forum and am really excited to build my first electric skateboard! I am planning on getting the single hub motor kit and VESC from Carvon. As far as batteries and remote I am open to suggestions. I am trying to get 10 miles on one charge and speeds over 20mph. And I am trying to keep the costs under $600. Again I am pretty new to this so any help is really appreciated!

If your single hub carbon is $299 and a vesc is $99 youre left with $200 for a battery pack, if you buy a cheap deck from ebay for $50, a gt2b remote for $30 and spend the rest on 6s lipo batteries and a balance charger? you should get about 18 mph on that. if you were to improve anything I would recommend upgrading the batteries however.

Well Carvon says that if you wire up two 6s lipos that you will get 25+ mph… or is that just a joke?

Is there any way to get the V2 then? Just checked the site and they only have V2.5.

OK cool, do you have a link to the V2 hubs?

Make sure you have include all the Misc. items you’ll need to make your board. Solder Iron, Solder, connectors, etc.

That was another question I had… is there like a basic wiring diagram I could follow?

OK sweet! And you said that with just a single 6s it’ll get those speeds?

Sweet! And yes please if you could program the VESC to do that it would be great! Any specific email to order at or???

One more quick question what connections will I need to connect the battery and remote? And do you sell them as well?

About how much do you weigh? and do you go up many hills?

I have a 10s battery with my Carvon V2 and I went roughly 16miles and had 20% battery life left. Roughly a third of that is uphill and the terrain is pretty varied. So I figure I could get 20miles? Might be something to consider.

Also, having rode both the V2 and V2.5, I’d opt for the V2.5. Substantially more torque and break power.

A pair of 3s packs are a lot cheaper, but a 10s pack should still be close to your budget if you go with an inexpensive charger. Around $40 more than going 6s.

How far would you be able to go on just one 6s though? And what were your speeds? I’m 160lbs. and I have some minor hills in my area…

If you could up your voltage to 10s with ver 2.0 and the Vesc, you could hit 30mph+ with a single motor.

Not sure on a 6s. I only have a 10s. Speeds vary, but generally I stay around the 14-20mph range. I’m 135lbs and have a number of grades between 2% and 8% that I go up. A couple longer ones and the bridge is over a mile uphill and in the 2.5-4%. On a 90 degree day, my VESC will overheat after a few miles of climbing. Short hills are no problem. As the weather gets cooler, my VESC stays cooler and the hill climbing is less of an issue.

Since you weigh 160 and have some hills, I’d recommend stepping it up to the V2.5 and a 10s.