First build | 'Vera' | Evo 36" | Dual FOC 6355 190kV | 10s5p 30Q | 107mm | Metr Pro

As a fellow blinger bling .BLING!

I couldn’t deal with the raw bolts that came with the wheel pulley and the replacements I got were too long, much cutting, surprisingly tough hardware :expressionless:

11120180705_134454

2 Likes

This has all been on hold for a month while I worked some things out. I’ve been putting effort into my second vanguard build but am looking at this again now with the hopes of getting it up and running next week.

Waiting on some reverse TB mounts as I had to give up on forward mounting with the enclosure being so close to the truck and there just not being any feasible room to move the truck back any more.

From @sk8l8r 's thread this is the plan:

I have a set of @dickyho dual idler mounts here, I’m going to steal one of the idlers from each mount and install them on the TB reverse mount:

ilders

I’ll drill out a little section of the motor mounting groove to give it some stability from sliding and then use a decent size bolt to put this idler on.

tb%20mount%20adapt

The idler bearings have a lip on one side and a nylon spacer, perfect for holding the belt in place but they don’t look like they are the best bearings in the world :wink: I’ll see how they hold up and replace as needed.

I had to give up on the anti spark in the end, there’s just nowhere to mount the button and enclosure space is really tight as well, so going to opt for a simple XT150 loop, idea stolen with love from @Deckoz

1 Like

Check my diagram please? @Deckoz @bigben @Namasaki

Diagram%20v1

2 Likes

Overall the wiring looks ok for a bypassed discharge setup. This is correct if you are using a low amp charge only bms. I cannot verify your balance connections because there is not enough detail in the diagram.

Thank you, yes it’s bypass. I trust the connections to bms.

@sk8l8r rough test fit for rear mount on tb reverse.

Actually quite like the look in the end and there’s loads of clearance at full lean, access to the kingpin isn’t an issue at all either. These are 345 long ass belts :no_mouth:

20180815_12531420180815_12530220180815_125254 20180815_125958

5 Likes

Maiden voyage on a single motor. Focbox smoked and died on motor detection so I’m rolling around calm on this for a family break.

Smooth as butter, looking forward to two motors.

Huge thank you to @bigben for all the help.

20180904_145226

4 Likes

Other than the fact that Starbucks tastes like antifreeze, these morning coffees are getting better and better.

Been bombing around since 5am on smooth empty streets. Got to get back in now because the kids are up.

20180906_093522

8 Likes

@brenternet Hey, planning on doing a similar build to yours, what size rider pads did you use to fit the motors underneath the deck?

I just messaged you in your thread. I did not get the motors underneath in the end and had to mount them out the back. Bit of a disappointment unfortunately. I tried several different mounts and risers.

I would highly suggest the evo 39"

Yes, just saw. Cheers

If you can wait, I just talked to landyachtz and they are redesigning the evo for Spring 2019