First build: loaded Icarus, dual 6355, Samsung 30Q, focbox, nano-X, TB 218mm and ABEC11

I think I will run a yellow nipple road side as thats all I have at the moment!

Hoping for a good mix of carving and stability, I am not expecting too much carve with the longer trucks - do you find them to be ok?

definitely not as carvy at conventional calibers but that’s to be expected, but you can still cut pretty deep, i found my riding style adapted pretty quickly.

yea the nipples road side should work well.

Ok time to update this thread.

It is almost complete! I had a pretty gnarly March at work (27 days worked in a row) which stopped me from doing anything massive but I did manage to finish the top of the board. I got some pulley covers printed and sent all the way from Israel to the UK. and they have been installed. I have fixed everything down and thread locked all the usual bolts and I am now waiting for my battery to be finished which should be this week. I also got some blood orange insert bushings and fitted them board side and they make a massive difference to the way the TB 218mm trucks feel

Here are a few shots to show where I am, should have this finished very very soon and I can go ride it - feels crazy spending this much cash on something without knowing what the end outcome will feel like - hope it doesn’t ride like shit!

I have an X plate for the back but just need to get some longer bolts as I have to space it out a bit to go over the wires.

5 Likes

Looking sweet, love the look of the Torqueboards 218mm on the icarus.

How do you know those blood orange bushings make a massive difference if the board is still unfinished?

There is this thing called pushing! I just removed the belts and had a little push around the warehouse after I fitted them before loctiting everything down

The trucks have this weird lean thing if you don’t have insert bushings, its hard to explain but its kind like you lean over on it and then it goes a bit more on its own? With the insert bushings that has gone. I think its because the bushing seats are massive on these trucks and therefore the truck isn’t located in a fixed place.

Yea that’s rakeless for ya lol. But yeah insert bushings or riot plugs help with this some.

1 Like

This happened today, but as I went to power up ESC’s for the first time I had an accident and fried my antispark! So close yet so far, now I can’t make the group ride this weekend. Looks like the ESC’s are ok though - the 60A fuse went bang big time.

Lesson learned folks, double check your wiring.

Also weighed the board, 8.9KG - not bad for a 30 mile board

2 Likes

What was wrong with your wiring?

Lets just say I am an idiot, for a electronics engineer I fucked up pretty bad. Cross wired the +ve and -ve to the ESC’s. The antispark took it like a champ though and saved the ESC’s but the fets are dead.

I am an idiot but this is why we have fuses I suppose.

2 Likes

Board is finished! Went for a test ride last night and its amazing, flexible, comfortable, fast and carvey!

Im really happy with it!, just need to put the other X plate on it and its done

9 Likes

Do it and show more pictures with board and landscape if you will.

1 Like

Will do, will get the nice camera out and take some good shots and will post a video.

Honestly its everything I wanted it be and more - super happy with it

2 Likes

Congrats man! How long did you take to build it? Is it the first build?

Yeah first build, I started in December last year but work has been mental so its taken a while.

Im rocking your vanguard enclosures!

1 Like

The experience of riding your first build is unforgettable, samething happens with girls

5 Likes

Yeah its cool to think “I built this”

Loved the experiance but its been frustrating as well because I never had a board to ride whilst building this.

I am going to build a small lightweight board next and that will be enjoyable.

I know the feel also! :smiley: You go into it thinking it’s a matter of slapping some stuff together, some soldering and bam you’re done, but you come across so many hurdles and challenges but still finally pull through and make it happen

Great job on the build! And if stuff breaks, it might be frustrating, but after a while you might actually start enjoying rebuilding and repairing just like I did :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Night time testing, love this board!

4 Likes

5 Likes

I have moved the motors more towards the board now after they were taking a beating, also noticed I needed to move the motors further out as the belts have stretched a bit

Had a great day today, a little 10 mile slow cruise (dam tourists in the way) and got to shake the board down a bit.

My friend describes it as a Boosted Dual ++, its so powerful and flexible its a beaut to ride.

I got some pictures too

Also got to play with a friends Trampa

Today was a great day!!!

9 Likes