First Build | Dual Hub Motor | Internal Planetary Gearbox | 4260 300KV | VESC

first test run with a single drive

12 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: yeeaaaaah !! Congrat & best wishes for 2018 Frank

So, tell us, what you think about (curse you should be hurry to go dual but…) ?!

The trucks seems really loose to me. Maybe try tightening them up a bit?

1 Like

I was positively surprised but I need certainly two working motors. Top speed was now 20-30km/h (one 4260 motor).

@FredrikHems haha yea. they where really loose but that is something to fix later.

2 Likes

it’s amazing!!! congratulations, great engineering!!

only a question, do you design it with solidworks or other software?

1 Like

Yes the main design i did in solid works. Only for the gears, I used another program. Because the gears in solidwork are only cosmetic, (on the first hand, they look good but they are simplified. Therefor not useable for EDM).

Mooi werk Frank! Eldert en Ray hadden hadden me al attent gemaakt op jouw project. Super gaaf! Ben benieuwd naar het eind resultaat! Misschien zien we elkaar nog eens in Groningen :wink:

haha thx komt vast wel goed! ze kunnen ook niks voorzich houden he…:stuck_out_tongue:

so because i need to wait untill i have new motors(2-3 weeks) i made some preparations for the battery and enclosure.

offcource im going to make an custom one that fits perfect on my board. So i draw a enclosure mold so i can do some vacuum forming. it is not so spectacular but here is a picature:

only need to fit the lcd somewere.

also made some mounts for the VESC’s and DieBieMS

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/3504?u=frank

6 Likes

Are these your custom esc`s or just standard 4.12 hw vesc?

they are standard 4.12 vescs for maytech. only placed the capacitors on top of them.

it looks like you are missing some cooling on the vesc.

there is room enough between the Pcb for cooling. heat blocks on the fets doesn’t do anything because all the heat of the fets are transported to the pcb. So placing heat blocks on top of the fets looks really stupid and also are not effective at all.

Thereby I know people that place the vescs way more conpact than me so I don’t see any problem.

1 Like

Such fancy BMS holder :blush::blush::blush:! You treat my BMS baby well!

I know people who drink and skate trough water / rain who don’t, they even put water on the BMS all the time :sob::sob: and then they just laugh it away :sob::sob:.

( Just kidding ) ( all of it it true but I dont care xD )

5 Likes

Very god damn impressive. I am quite jealous of those sexy EDM parts you got your hands on…my oh my.

But all in all this will probably be more of a design challenge for you in the end than a functional e-board, just because of the small motors and low transmission ratio in your gear system. If you went so far already with the designing and custom parts, why not just find some suitable wheels to house bigger motors :slight_smile: hell, it seems you could just cast urethane wheels yourself without issue…

2 Likes

a Like from @JTAG

i will try my best to keep it away form water. I know it hurts you inside even if you say you don’t care.

@xilw3r haha thX!! It is a littlebit of both. im almost 1 year in this built so it shoud be a shame if it doesnt work…

5 Likes

He wasn’t jumping like that after Sunday’s beating​:joy::joy:

so this week I made my mould for the enclosure. It was the first time that the CNC mill was working so it need some fine tuning. Therefor there were some problems so It is not perfect but I’m happy. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/3565?u=frank

4 Likes

16 Likes

how does stator mount to the truck?

will it mount to any truck with some kind of tightening screw thing or does it require a special truck?

I think he machined a custom hanger.

@Frank how is the build going on?