First Build | Dual Hub Motor | Internal Planetary Gearbox | 4260 300KV | VESC

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is amazing, how are you going to lock the sun gear or the planetary gears to change the speed? Are you installing a clutch?

The sun gear is attached to the motor and the planetary gears are to the stator. I will make a couple of picatures to clear it out

EDIT: So i wil pressfit the sun gear to the rotor:

The planatary gear carrier is attached to the main axle.

i hope it is clear now otherwise ask and i will answer the best i can.

11 Likes

Is planetary gears kinda like KV tuning for hubs? Is heat still gonna be an issue?

No it is like having your Jenso-drive directly integrated in your hub ! Or just like belt drive and hub got a mutant child.

@Frank Your planetary gear is…

5 Likes

@Jreamer it is what @Vanarian said. Is just an motor reduction.

I also made some end caps. It is now ready for some lubrication🤘

Lookig at the sky😎

and a pic of the other hub in parts. (51 pieces)

25 Likes

Most of you probably saw the picture in the only pic topic of my finished hub. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/3017?u=frank

I have a small “update” for the people that cannot wait to see it turning (including me). Tomorrow evening it will happen :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Waiting for it… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s tomorrow evening :upside_down:

4 Likes

Sorry guys. We want to de bar for some celebrations🤘 It took some time because we had some wiring errors. One of the sensor wires was broken…

Also made a trunk today

36 Likes

Builder of the year over here!

3 Likes

so envy of your acces to cnc :), stunninng work though.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! :grin:

44 Likes

Totally geil! eat that chinesium hubs

3 Likes

That’s just… beautiful. Really nice work. Sounds mean AF.

1 Like

Beautiful! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Are you going to make a video switching speeds?

1 Like

I believe this isn’t for switching gears/speeds. It’s just a reduction within the hub. @Frank correct me if I’m wrong.

3 Likes

Did you mill these gears yourself, im starting machining as a new hobby, converting a mill to cnc right now. What’s the smallest endmill you used on the small planet gears? Do you think such a project could be done with 0.05mm repeatability?

He used EDM