First Build Complete Kind of

Did you change the motor max? Can you please post a video?

have you pu tlock tight on the motor pullley? and the flat spot?

1 Like

Hey, I’m in San Diego. Howdy neighbor. Set your max motor amps to 60 and your max batt amps to 60 Don’t try to stand on the board and go from a dead stop. Give it 2 or 3 pushes to get it rolling before you give it gas.

Also check your phase wires

So I just put it to 45a and it works a hell of a lot better I just need to push it once then it picks up after that, would it hurt if I put it to 50a. NNGG. No I only thought lock tight was going on the 4 screws that mounts the motor to the mount. What else need lock tight and I’ll get it done.

1 Like

If you see a big guy riding in downtown near city college and 5th and 6th hit me up we can go get a drink or so always open to meeting new bro in the sk8life.

50 amps would work. Pushing the limits though. 50 wont hurt but is the max the vesc can do for a short amount of time. You will never be doing 50 continuously though

The motor pulley needs loctite

1 Like

I’m open for tomorrow afternoon. I only drink starbucks coffee though. Nothing stronger. I’ve skated: Silver strand bikeway Miramar lake bike path Father juniper sera trail bike bath Mission Beach boardwalk

i have my motor max at 60 on dual vesc’s and batt max at 30 Is 60 too high?

ok so I set it to 45amps and it seems to work much better, I don’t want to kill this board when it’s new. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

I wish I was free any weekend I drive for uber and lyft over the weekend its crazy good money for like 20 hours of work.

whats the motor pulley the the blue thing with like 36 teeth that’s on the wheel what does it look like? what’s phase wires?

1 Like

Hahahaha yes that blue thing isbyour wheel pulley and phase wires are the 3 wires that connects the motor to your vesc

K so what should I be looking for on the phase wires? is it the other pulley with like 15 teeth than is the motor pulley that needs to have locktight on it?

Doesn’t matter about the phase wires. They are the motor wires and I thought they may be shorting, but they aren’t because it was the amp settings. Motor pulley is the gear on your motor. The blue one is the wheel pulley.

Got ya I’ll get this done after work tonight. Thank you all for your help and input. Namasaki bought up moving up my max batt amps from 20a to 60a should I being it up to like 45a where my motor is now?

I’d move it to 60. @Namasaki Is it 60amps on both vesc or 30 on both?

I know my vesc says 63 volts on it.

That’s the absolute maximum input voltage. We are talking about how many amps the battery is allowed to output to the vesc.