[First build advice welcome] 2x MayTech 90mm 60kV, 2x FOCBOX, MTSKR1712 remote, 6x10s 18650 removable-swappable batteries

Hi all!

TL:DR: Finally building my own board, hoping for advice on:

1. (cheapish) BMSs just for balance charging 6x 10s batteries at a row or parallel if possible. Or like 3 separate BMSs to get down to two runs with that set of six.
  2. Are there any cheaper GPS solutsion out there that could be implemented on boards?
  3. general approval or disapproval of the whole shabang Thanks!

Little backstory: few years ago bought a chinese clone 1WD board what was then my first experiece ever with a board. yadda-yadda luved the whole esk8 and wanted to build my own board. Somewhere in there all my wishes crossed in making an eboard with swappable multifunctional batteries that I could also steal for motor controllers to go for probably other that like unrational crazy plans further to come.

I have been putting it off and off for few years now being not sure about the whole thing, but have started throwing money at the problem in recent weeks again.

Here are few pics I made loong ago god knows for whom, but my CAD laptop is missing a screen atm, so I hope these manage to show the broad borders of it:

I really like this ‘ladder’ constrction - very stiff and lightweight. Everything can be adjusted with the amount of fiber and direction of it:PP

I’m very fond of the clean look hub motors provide, but when I first started running the idea Jacob Bloy and Hummie all halted their work and I kinda stayed waiting for motors similiar in price, performance and quality. I do like the new Raptor and Hummie ones

The FOCBOXes could/would be fitted into the tapered ends of the board (leaving one FOCBOX over half a meter from the motor, and if the receiver would be mounted in the middle into the ~5cm foldable section, the FOCBOX-receiver wires would be some 30 cm in lenght and running along other FOCBOX current wires (any possible electromagnetic issuses?)

I’d like to make remotely switchable lights for it (besides all kind of EL wire lighting) inside if reasonable. There was a thread at sometime here about turn and brake lights iirc?

The batteries would have 4mm (not 2.5mm) pin connector for balance charging and 6.5mm banana/bullet connectors for main power, either in 10s or 5s.
I’m hoping to use these batteries with 18v/20v power tools, portable speakers, huge LED lamps, with 230V inverter for offgrid use, as battery backs for ebikes, ,electronic devices, esurfboards, ekajaks and what not, thus the 10s setup with 36/18 volt separated circuit

The batteries would have the connection ports (4x 6,5mm banana and 12 4mm pin connectors) on one side, battery indicator and fuses on the other side, with a handle so do speak of. The 18650s would be cast into silicone, epoxy or something to better help tranfering the heat from the cells. I’m still wondering about adding thermal protection or indicators aswell. Nothing would ruin a day like having a battery fire indoors or on kayak or so…

The chassis would be polyester-fiberglass vacuum packed probably, I could try an infuse, possible but not worth the hassle I think. Polyester is cheap, stiff and easy/safe to work with as if common fiberglass. The ladder construction is derived from using mold pieces of PE/PP plastic covered blocks clamped in between same plastic sheets. I could later visualize the folding section.

The outside protection covers that will slip on from both ends (folding section halves them) and probably are held in place with low-profile velcros or dual lock hooks. both the two separate undercovers and the upper two with grip tape are sorta for making easy visual changes for boards

I’m thinking about using some small fans as forced cooling into the inside of the board aswell for FOCBOXes or because of tight fit I could fit it for a heatsink system like the Diyeboard dual foc esc has.

I’m still not sure about all the components, so rants, questions and good lucks - what have you, welcome down below:slight_smile:

Pardon my poor grammar and writing skills, I will tidy it up in a few hours I hope<:P

How will this work with concave of the deck?

That IS the deck. or at least the mainframe of it - a chassie. I can add concave structure to it as the ontop the chassie will be no wire, maybe a sheet of EL paper to stick different themes on, but otherwise it will have a flexible sheet of fiberglass with certain theme for colours and grip tape types

asdfghhjkll body too similair

Okay, blew the dust off ol’ cad laptop wanted to try see if I could detail it some more - turns out I’m an idiot! the two FOCBOXes can easily be fit inside one end leaving me copious amount of free space
Hacking my way through SolidWorks again it’s like pissing upwind… kinda halted the process after the program simply Not letting me mirror stuff so to save night’s sleep I guess you get the picture. I’ll make pics and vids and what not when I’m gonna build it anyway

Little update:

it still was an impulse pipe idea, tho I worked out everything to have it quite splashproof, easily disasseblable, , the electronics along with ESCs would be mounted on a ~1mm aluminium plate in the shape of main chassie in nose and aft. it will work as heatsink into the trucks that way aswell, the 4x20mm LED modules in front and aft would be heatsunk onto the same plate. The

2 Likes