Firefly Nano remote

I’ve updated stl files and the parts list with the same switch as in Firefly remote. Also added a small nib as an option. No need to re-print the bottom part, just fix the switch in the new location with some hot glue. switch

6 Likes

I already bought the extended lever switches but I’ll just snip it off, thanks for the nib! :sweat_smile:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Honeywell/ZX10C30C01?qs=sGAEpiMZZMumBvQ1hY%2FfBe344fzIDDqEwKvXjvX1TKY%3D

Standard lever switch from mouser for anyone who needs it

1 Like

I don’t know what u mean when u say they are hard to find… just search for „Mirco Switch“ u ll find tons of these on eBay…

i meant the long lever arm version was hard to find. Standard arm is a dime a dozen.

1 Like

Ahhhh ok, now I understand :wink:

Where can I find th anntena that’s noted in the parts list

You can just solder a piece of wire to the antenna pinout. If you want a bigger antenna, you can solder this to it instead https://www.adafruit.com/product/1661 and get a larger antenna for it

Wonder if this would work , I’ve got these from FPV flying lying around https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjnqe6_ur7eAhUJiH4KHfUoB3YYABAbGgJwYw&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQOD2K_l19ooxss5pv6QpXV70XFCedS_izves56it0xRDQeUkwK0KWxkiDhzwH5jhTvBi2oeHAWvhe8bZm3UB9WQ&sig=AOD64_3muXtnCkCjtO1L4_syJ6Y3En-bMQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjVmue_ur7eAhWDHTQIHbc5D9wQwg8IKw&adurl=

Sure, both Feather and TTGO boards operate on 915 Mhz.

Hi everyone I have a question love the remote I use I just want to know if is possible for me to just add a screen for see the battery % and my speed and maybe the distance Some one can help me thank you

What material is recommended for the 3d prints

Be careful! It depends on what version u have! I am in Europe, where u have to use 433Mhz instead of 915! 915Mhz is not allowed in eu without license.

For 915 MHz the length of the antenna should be exact 78mm. For 433 MHz it should be 164mm. A not drilled cooper wore is perfect. (It’s not recommend to use an normal drilled wire… works but ll decrease the transmission power)

Depends in what u want… PETG oder ABS should be the choice for durability

1 Like

Cool , I went with ABS

Does anyone have a link for the 1k resistor. I did a bunch of searching but wasn’t sure I found the right one

Use the cheapest one u can find. 1/4 watt is enough.

2 Likes

All moving parts are attached to bolts, so PLA can be used, but it will probably crack if you drop it.

1 Like

I work a lot at the code in secret… here is an update what i did allready :slight_smile: Give me a shout when i forgot some a feature u want :wink:

Features:

• 0.96inch OLED with 128x64 with high frequently display update rate to have smooth and accurate informations (every 60ms)
  • join settings menu with 5 seconds press on extra button or hold trigger on start up
  • trigger can be used as DEADMAN-Switch or CUISE-Control
  • vibration feature (Alarm on low battery from Board, Remote battery…)
  • extra button to switch between 4 different main Screens
    • Speed, Distance, Voltage
    • Voltage, Motor amps, Battery amps
    • DEBUG RSSI, cycle time, failed transmissions
    • alternative main screen design from @DroidSector
  • headlight integration by pushing the extra button for 2 seconds
  • over 16 updates per seconds from throttle position to PWM output (every 60ms)
  • pair up to 200 boards with unique ID
    • one remote will handle all boards by selection the board ID from settings menu

Safety Features:

• RFM69 over RHReliableDatagram manager to send organized messages to addressed nodes
  • automatic generated 16 bytes encryption key (15 bytes for unique key and 16th byte for board selection)
    • after first tun on from remote, it will generate a random 15 byte key
    • every new receiver can be paired from settings menu with the new key and board ID
  • ESTOP automatic slow down until stop - more than 300ms no new values from remote will force the receiver into ESTOPMODE and slow down the trigger value every 50ms by 5 until it reaches 25% break trigger to stop the board safe (THIS WORKES SO GOOD :heart_eyes:)
    • ESTOP will armed automatically after first valid transmission between remote and receiver
  • priority transmission handling! Deactivating display refresh and UART pull if no valid transmission is received until
    • ESTOPMODE is triggered, then display is refreshing again for analysing error
  • break light integration with adaptive flash warning
    • if trigger is under middle position the break light will be bright
    • if trigger is close to full break position the break light will flash

Upcoming features:

• different riding modes for beginners | intermediate | pros
    • trigger value will be attached to 50% | 75% | 100%
  • police mode
    • Trigger value will be cut of at 25%, can be unlocked with button press combination …

PCBs are comming on wednesday :wink:

11 29

12 Likes

This sounds really interesting, how does it recover back from ESTOPMODE?

Also maybe you should start a thread if you have something to show already.

1 Like