Firefly Nano remote

Just pushed the new code, the receiver should be able to work at full UART speed now (115200 bauds). Also added some menus and hall sensor calibration.

A basic cruise control (VESC feature) is working, but with one motor only on my FlipSky 4.12. After seeing the @Deodand code I have high hopes that it should work as intended with Unity firmware. I’ll add support for Unity-specific features as soon as I get it.

Heltec board seem to have all required functionality, the battery probe shows a more or less correct voltage. It also communicates fine with $10 TTGO board. Will finally work on adapting the design, it should not take long.

2 Likes

It works!!! I’m just having an issue with the display information being shifted to the right. :woman_shrugging: DSC_1282

Hmm, I though only TTGO has this issue. Please download the updated code.

There is a faster way to download the code using Atom git tool: press Alt+G, then = key. In the ‘Clone from’ field, enter this URL: https://github.com/DroidSector/FireFly-Nano-Remote.git

To download an updated code afterward, press Alt+G, then Shift+F. These commands also available in the menu: Packages > Command Palette, type git.

1 Like

Does the HELTEC board also work with the FPC antenna?

Yes, it works fine.

Changed the design a little, will print and assemble Heltec-based remote tomorrow. design

3 Likes

What version of the antenna do I need?

Can you update the thing files on thingiverse? Will be printing tomorrow, cause I’ll be getting some electronics for x-mas :slight_smile:

@Jamie42 I’ve updated the parts list with links to 433 and 915 Mhz versions of both the board and antenna. You can also solder a wire to the board or use the connector from the included large antenna.

@mptrs I’m finishing the design and will upload it after checking that everything fits together, most probably tonight.

Super nice. Shallow question. I guess with tthe Lora32 module than you have blue text. Or it is possible to get the white OLED version or change the screen with an external one?

It’s a light blue, bearable I think :slight_smile:

IMG_20181220_011325

I don’t know how hard it will be to change the screen, it looks like this: images

1 Like

I see thanks! No probably not worth it change the screen. Thank you man!

Thx! In the meantime I’ll do a test print, cause it looks like the transparant PLA needs some more heat :slight_smile:

Changed the design a bit so the top and bottom parts are now connected only by the battery wires:

IMG_20181220_194000

2 Likes

Does this make more space for the battery? A 7 mm high battery for example?

Probably, if it’s a bit shorter (~47 mm) or if you remove the battery connector (yellow).

Capture

Thanks for the update. Is this only for the Heltec board? Or will my feather fit as well? What is your recommendation, the lora or the feather?

Yes, only Heltec board will fit. All essential functions work fine on both boards. Heltec is cheaper and has BT and WiFi, which allows adding OTA updates and some features in the future. You can also use it as a battery meter inside ESC enclosure.

Just installed Unity in my build and cruise control is now working with both motors.

1 Like

Is anybody selling electronic parts kits for this build, and at what price would be intrested, I prefer to buy a kit than to source the parts myself

1 Like

For the battery I found this 1200mah one on Amazon which fits the sizing almost perfectly if it helps anyone…

sourcing map Power Supply DC 3.7V 1200mAh 603450 Li-ion Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Li-Po Battery https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DM49DQ3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7DukCb8RSMJA5

4 Likes