Finished my first build! Here it is! :)

Hi All,

I am 26yo Aussie living in London.

Have recently finished my first build and wanted to just share with yall. Really enjoyed the process and super happy with the result considering how cheap I kept it all.

Deck - I made my own board, it is pretty basic, straight forward shape. Have given it a sand and just a couple clear coats of varnish. It is 3x sheets of plywood glued together. Wheels - 90mm Orange Clone Flywheels. VESC - VESC 4.16 Motor - 190kv 6374 Battery - 10s3p Battery Pack XT90 - Also got a set of XT90 anti-spark key plug things. (Showing off my electronics knowledge here) Risers - Zwish combo go-pro mount risers. (Thought these were quite cool) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018LOAU8I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=114 Remote - DIY Skateboards mini remote/reciever Bearings - Skatewarehouse Abec 9 Bearings Plastic housing - I got a window flower tray off ebay and cut it to size. Fits really nicely. Grip Tape - Wicked cool Globe palm tree style grip tape. :wink:

Few challenges and pitfalls on the way, but overall very happy with how it turned out. It flys along 27kmph, has decent battery range (7-10km) and turns heads. :slight_smile:

Alex:slight_smile:

11 Likes

Well done!

Especially the battery case haha!

Is motor from Alien Systems? How’s your tray mounted to the deck? Drilled all they way through the wood?

Hey.

So Hotglued the battery and components to the actual board first so the tray doesnt have any weight to bear. Then yeah have just have about 6 screws through the lip of the tray straight into the wood… So far so good. Not very flexible is the issue, so it only works with a completely stiff deck. If I built again I would go more flexible.