Finally Surfrodz RKP Motor Mounts " Pyschotiller Mounts "

Yes, i sent you an invite to our pm conversation. Just don’t undercut me on my arrangement!!

4 Likes

The most common bearing for these seems to be the 6900 size but its only 6mm wide not 7mm wide like a regular skate bearing. Is anyone concerned about this?

Anyone got better suggestions bearings?

Or suggestions for 10mm diameter spacers?

I did find these 10mm wide bearings which could be good for making your wheel pulley perfectly concentric. 3900 10mm wide double row bearings

1 Like

Lol he’s like a 10 minute drive from me. I’ll ride over and hand him cash money :joy:

5 Likes

Found this on the web if anyone wants to see how they assemble. Can I assume you can use off the shelf shoulder bolts? You just don’t have the safety of the groove which the grub-screw drops down onto. image

4 Likes

I KILL you!! Lol, fair is fair. You’d be WAY cooler if you didn’t :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Wow the rkp’s are impressive even next to the tkp’s. Found the beef. Pic quality blows cause it’s a screenshot from a vid. My tkp’s came with 3x 5mm reds and 2x 10mm black spacers last year with 70mm axles. So I transferred the extra red to the new rkp’s. Do psycho’s mount really come with 80mm axles? I tried to order them from surfrodz but they don’t have such a thing. Aftermarket?

For everyone using Surf Rodz…

Don’t use the set screw to secure the axle, the tortion stresses from riding will scar the axle and make it hard to remove the axle. The forced removal will scar the inside of the hanger. Use loktite, your good to go.

Afternarket shoulder bolts work great. 10mm Shoulder x 100mm Shoulder Length x M8-1.25 Class 12.9 Black Oxide Alloy Steel Socket Shoulder Bolt https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/11115166?term=12.9+shoulder+bolt&r=~|sattr01:^Metric$|~%20~|sattr05:^"M8%20-%201.25"$|~%20~|sattr06:^80mm$|~%20~|sattr06:^90mm$|~%20~|sattr06:^100mm$|~

10mm Shoulder x 80mm Shoulder Length x M8-1.25 Black Oxide Class 12.9 Alloy Steel Socket Shoulder Bolt https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/40018?term=12.9+shoulder+bolt&r=~|sattr01:^Metric$|~%20~|sattr05:^"M8%20-%201.25"$|~%20~|sattr06:^80mm$|~%20~|sattr06:^90mm$|~

8 Likes

You mean loctite the axle bolt? Or the set screw? Or both?

1 Like

Loktite the axle, don’t use the set screw. I’ve been running mine for 6 months with blue loktite.

3 Likes

It took a vise, 4 hex wrenches (that twisted and broke) and vise grips to remive 1 axle after using the set screw. I still have 1 of the wrenches, I’ll send you a pic, it’s cool looking.

4 Likes

Ya I had a tough time getting the axle out of my tkps. That set screw was a real pain in the ass adjusting the tkp mounts too. Thanks for all this info Mike especially about the shoulder bolts :+1:

1 Like

huh. i never had any trouble getting the axles out. thats a good tip with the blue loctite - im gonna pull my setscrews and loctite those pups in!

2 Likes

I didn’t have any issues either… until I did. Listen to @mmaner

20180625_143454

Completely fucked the hanger getting it out, I have to order a new one.

6 Likes

jeebus. isn’t the detent on the shoulder bolt supposed to hide any imperfection from the setscrew? I’d bitch at surfrodz and see if they would ship a new hanger.

1 Like

That’s pretty fucked, won’t clean up with a tap?

If not maybe enough meat to go up a size - bore and tap

Looks like you’ve had a fair share of these kind of problems :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, its fucked. Not their fault really. We are running longer axles than they even sell. Guys, this is all my fault, just be careful.

I did reach out to surfrodz, not asking for a freebie, but hopefully they will give me the 30% off from the flash sale that was literally last week.

It is not the threads that are messed up. They are hardened steel and are completely fine, this is the actual hanger shaft. If I can get a “replacement discount”… it will only be a $40 fuck up… I think I just want a new one.

BTW, @akhlut, you have the adjustable TKP baseplate right? I can’t remember…

Do you think it could adjust to negate the 30 degree mountain board angle on the lacroix like the adjustable RKP base?

With the TKPs, you gain like an inch of clearance is why I ask. I could run these with 107 thane, but 6 shooters would be mighty tight… with the thane I have 85mm unflexed in the middle on the stiffest Lacroix. I actually think this is going to be fine for a street build. We shall see.

20180624_152821

4 Likes

@Sender

I think it’s possible. I’ll check tonight.

Also, that Lacoix board with the surfrodz…man that shit is right!

3 Likes

Kind of, it is all kind of related in a way. Well not this exactly… but it has been a pretty rough and expensive week on the builds…

Always learning a lot. I am trying to view it as “investing in myself” … knowledge wise… I guess. Or, rather, that is what I have been telling myself in order to fall asleep at night.

2 Likes

My 3D printer just crapped out so I yeah… I know the feeling

1 Like