Finally Surfrodz RKP Motor Mounts " Pyschotiller Mounts "

Same ill never buy calibers again lol

2 Likes

Great thread @SORRENTINO !!! Now if we can develop a way to stabilize these trucks, we’ll REALLY be in business lol. Where you at springy?

1 Like

I made a round through the bushings thread for caliber/tb218. Sigh need to do another round for surfrodz, and before @Alphamail ships those tunnel risers. That guy is too much on top of his shit, so I’ll have get crackin’.

These sales are so expensive!!

1 Like

you’re not saving 30%, you’re spending 70%.

3 Likes

They sell three sizes of king pin length. Does anyone know the length of the standard RKP in case I want to get some different length kingpins for future use?

1 Like

I’ll measure mine when I get home and let you know, but they should all work with rkp baseplates. I think the different lengths are in case you want to run taller or shorter bushings than the standard ones

Yeah that is my reason for wanting them, more bushing options. All riptides bushings fit except Chubby.

1 Like

Thanks @SORRENTINO

I also jumped in for the 30% off sale and picked up the rkp 200’s all in raw. They couldn’t process the international order through the site so I had to email them. Amazing fast service. They through on some extras too. Shipping was expensive though… ordered Friday and here on Monday. Just outside of Toronto Ontario. The pic will tell the story. I’m extremely happy.

*edit also paid $36 CAD in fees and tax as expected.

Also ordered the rkp mounts from Psychotiller. He shipped Friday and they are already here and cleared customs. Wowzers :flushed:. That’s fast. Should get them in a day or so. Also Dave gives some of the best service and communication I have had through this forum.

7 Likes

Thats awesome. Sufrodz guys always pull through!

1 Like

hey guys, i have a question about installing this.

are the red spacers bearing spacers? as in, does it go inside the wheel?

if they’re NOT bearing spacers, are we supposed to supply our own?

if they ARE bearing spacers, i’m finding there aren’t enough spacers to make up the excess space on the axle:

ezgif-5-407ffa933c

i’m sure i’m missing something here, any hints would be appreciated.

@psychotiller @mccloed

1 Like

Your trucks should have come with two black 10 mm x 10 mm spacers and to 5 mm by 10 mm red spacers per axle. It does not matter whether you use one black or two red bearing spacers Edit: my setup from inside to out is as follows 1 black spacer, 2 red spacers, inner bearing, black spacer, outer bearing. The head of the bolt will sit flush with the inner race of the outer bearing

@thisguyhere I found that aligning two separate bearing spacers, as in the red ones, is not worth the hassle when you can just stick a black spacer between the bearings. You got the 70 mm axles right?

awesome, the gif in my post is psycho’s 80mm axles. i haven’t tried yet but i can picture it will fit fine with the 70mm axles that came with the trucks.

will try and report back.

1 Like

oh yea, the 70mm axles fit perfect with 30mm worth of spacers.

so…looks like i need another 10mm of spacers to work with psycho’s 80mm axles.

1 Like

Mine should be here tomorrow. I was wondering the same. Those have always looked a bit confusing to me.

imageimage

3 Likes

ok, the mount takes up 5mm off the end of the hangar, so then with the 80mm axle it requires another 5mm spacer to fill up the space.

is that right?

0625182144a

http://jomama.xyz/ass/trucks00.gif

4 Likes

Looks good to me, but you might need that last spacer on the inside for pulley clearance…? Edit: I’m so DAMNED jealous of you guys with the mount kit

1 Like

psycho’s only quick click away… mhahahaha

3 Likes

I know, but I’m waiting for the reversible mounts:(

2 Likes

Me too! Is that something @psychotiller is working on?

1 Like