Fetts Vet , (first build) 12s4p(lol) - 6374x2 - 190kv - surfrodz - hummie deck - blah blah blah

Hummie hubs Direct drive

3 Likes

Go Lipo! Im building #2 with the hk graphene 6Ah. Should be a brutal short range build.

2 Likes

I definitely wanna do a DD. Don’t think ill ever do a hud drive just because of my roads. Might be trying out since gear drives fairly soon tho.

1 Like

My next project really tho is replacing what’s left of the original parts on the riptide. So far I’ve replaced, trucks/mounts, pullys, wheels. Ive got two focboxes ready to install. And a cheap 10s2p 25r battery. Need to find some 170-200 kv 63xx motors

3 Likes

Lol. So 15414001742596666468027613195374 Anti spark lasted 24 hours lol

4 Likes

You just need to re-solder, right?

3 Likes

No. Its done.

1 Like

Is this the one that came with the psychotiller pack?

Mine did the same thing… flipsky.

Doesn’t seem like these are very good :frowning:

Yep that’s the one. Think I’ll just go with a loopkey.

2 Likes

It’s whatever. I’m more annoyed that it burnt my enclosure and now there’s a deformity on the outside. But it was bound to get scraped up so :man_shrugging: It seems like a well-built loopkey is more reliable anyways.

I did get the board to full speed a few times before it blew. So much fun. I Wanna go faster @dareno

Also I’m slightly worried about my motor clearance. I can’t raise them up anymore without them hitting the deck during a turn but they’re scraping more than i like.

Option A) forget mounting drop through and just top mount that should give me more room to adjust the mounts. Option B) take a file to the rear of the deck like I did for the hangers and make a little more room for the motors.

3 Likes

LOL, all the discussion above about why it is slow, and all you needed to do was charge the battery. :joy::rofl:

I would file the corners off the rear of the deck. You have committed to the lowrider life, can’t back out now. :sunglasses: :gun:

How did the switch blow, while you ridding it? Sounds scary.

2 Likes

Yeah I was riding it at Full Throttle too. I had just enough speed and momentum to roll the last block home

Lucky you didn’t get ejected super man style onto the street. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Really? :sweat_smile: Well. Cool lol

Yeh i already have all the stuff needed to make a loopkey… just haven’t gotten around to doing any buiodling lately.

Damn Red Dead Redemption 2.

3 Likes

I have it downloaded but I still haven’t started the tutorial. I don’t think my soldering iron is quite up to the track

Anti spark or not, weather looks great next few days. Gonna break this thing in. I haven’t put loctite on anything yet. But i check motors and mounts before and after every ride. I also check motor pullys, wheel pullys and axles before each trips. (To and from the store is two trips) Im still adjusting things, adding stuff . And id kinda like to take it completely apart and not only paint but document the build properly .

I gotta address the motor clearance. I know these dark matter motors are know for failure after one good hit. Don’t wanna break magnets over a single piece of gravel.

2 Likes

One thing I learned on my first build is to at least blue loctite even on inaugural rides. It sucks losing little screws.

2 Likes

My trips are never more than a few blocks at a time. I literally check every bolt.

Haha you’re more careful than me… I start enjoying the ride and before i know it I’ve gone miles.

I have no discipline.

1 Like