Fetts Vet , (first build) 12s4p(lol) - 6374x2 - 190kv - surfrodz - hummie deck - blah blah blah

Since you are going to have crappy weather use it as a time to loctite everything and make it look nice. I hate using loctite because it is so damn messy but as long as it works thats what is important. What soldering iron do you have.

My first day on the board is my longest work day of the week. 14 1/2 hours. Got home just before 6am… Didn’t have time to ride into the sunset. Even tho i wanted to.

Crap… got ot off Ebay for $10. I gotta get a real one.

Spoilt lol. And now the addiction really starts lol

1 Like

That can make all the difference because it could create bad solder joints. It doesnt have to be top of the line but as long as it heats reliably and has adjustable heat control as some solder heats at higher temps. I got one years ago from Harbor Freight and it sucked but got the job done for the small project I needed it for. If I need to use one now I have 2 nice soldering stations at work to play with.

1 Like

This is why i had @monsterbuilder do all my soldering at his place. He’s better equipped. I started the phase wire extensions. They turned out good. But after doing them i realized i wasn’t gonna be able to do the xt90 with my iron.

2 Likes

I haven’t used this but it would be a well worth upgrade. soldering iron

I’ve used several different soldering stations, and this one has been my favorite by far: link here

I fully agree hakko makes some great soldering stations we have some mid level weller stations at my work also have some lead bearing solder and some silver bearing solder

Good to hear you got it going! Great feeling ain’t it??

1 Like

I’m so done with anti-spark switches. I’ve some last 2 months and some last 2 hours, now I’ve got a box od dead switches… There’s just not a good electronic solution as of yet, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Pinning some hopes on the Unity and a backup hidden but accessible loop key.

2 Likes

Loop keys are always reliable may not look pretty but works and have @mmaner print you up a loop key mount and a cover and you are set

6 Likes

happy to do it.

7 Likes

Ohhh thank you. And welcome to the show Screenshot_20181106-182700_Samsung%20Internet @XvDarkVAngelvX

7 Likes

15415635479898108694275584897900 Love this thing. Can’t wait till I’m done with this move. Taking it 100% apart. And putting back together as clean as i can. Migh to some more work with the file. Glass frit will get done. And probably some paint

13 Likes

Been using bicycle trip apps to track my speed. I’ve hit 33mph so far. Its a blast. Wanna go faster lol

3 Likes

Just make sure you wear the proper gear

3 Likes

21c1b1

4 Likes

Dress for the slide…

2 Likes