Fetts Vet , (first build) 12s4p(lol) - 6374x2 - 190kv - surfrodz - hummie deck - blah blah blah

Okay… so the time has come. This will be my first build. I’ve Tried to do a fair amount of research and buy Quality Parts. I’m very mechanically inclined but I’ve always been intimidated by anything electrical. So bear with me. Let’s get to the fun stuff I can talk more about me later. Parts list. •Two 6374 170kv motors from @mmaner •Two Focboxes from @Scoo_B_SK8 •Cnc focbox heatsink case from @Kug3lis •Deck from @Hummie •12s5p bettery, @psychotiller •press fit mounts psychotiller •enclosure psychotiller •remote psychotiller •Belts psychotiller •Benchwheel remote from eBay (they forgot to send a receiver) •Benchwheel receiver from @rok •200mm surfrodz trucks (50° / 35° split angles) used local buy •107mm abec11 superflys wheels •Press fit 40t wheel pullye from @JLabs •16t motor pully from @marcmt88 •Riptide bolt plates

19 Likes

•Getting Custom Mandalorian “x-things” from @akhlut •Random bits from @ARetardedPillow @Wilsonliang777 and @mmaner Might pick up a Bluetooth mod… idk yet. Kinda broke now lol Need to pick up new bearings and a charger still.

Luckily @monsterbuilder is local to me and has experience soldering. So hes gonna be helping me with my connections. I plan on doing some @longhairedboy style grip with glass frit. But I may put patches of normal grip tape at first because I’m having a hard time getting a design I’m completely happy with. Still waiting on half the parts but I thought it was time to write it all out. Oh and i got a dope Pass helmet from @Mikenopolis I’ve been doing board sports my whole life. This is the first one that’s gotten me into a helmet.

*skip to things actually happening

Shenanigans ahead you’ve been warned

9 Likes

Your build will be similar to mine, lol.

I’m aiming to finish by the end of Sept. Gonna subscribe to your thread.

1 Like

Im hoping I’ll have everything in about 2 weeks. Probably won’t sleep until it runs.

3 Likes

This is going to be a radical build man!!! I can’t wait to see pictures!

1 Like

Ill have to steal the wife’s ipad, my phone has a 5 mega pixel potato for a camera

6 Likes

Are you going to be top mounting these? excited for the photos! Mine will likely be similar but albeit not as fancy with the SR trucks

2 Likes

I’m gonna try mounting drop. Should be fine with 107mm wheels but I may drop to 97mm and that might be pushing it.

1 Like

Nice, should be a really low ride with even better balance and control. plus you can’t beat blah blah blah lol

1 Like

I’m really excited to try out these Precision trucks. I’m half tempted to throw them on one of my push boards just to try them out and ride them around. But the hills here are meh…and I haven’t had time for much of anything lately. I had originally planned to order all new bushings from Riptide but I figured it’s probably a good idea to ride the board first and then figure out where I need to go from there.

My next step after I get the board running solid, I’m going to go through the process of making it as waterproof / resistant as I can. It rains a lot in the Pacific Northwest and I’d like to ride this thing year-round as much as possible.

1 Like

I’m to try and get it water resistant out the gate but easier said than done for me probably.

Really good deal with your SRs. I might just grab a set of percision trucks later on but I think I can get close to percision with tweaks to the tb218s like the riptide bushings and pivot cups but I plan on riding them without the riptide bushings so I get an idea of how much they affect and improve the ride.

1 Like

Working with @psychotiller who’ll be mounting the enclosure to my Hummie deck. Cant wait to get my hands on it. Tempted to buy the tb218s just so I can push it around while the other parts are still out :laughing:

1 Like

I’m trying to buy a second pair of surfrodz trucks while they’re still on the summer sale (for my next build) . Set of TKP this time.

1 Like

Getting the @psychotiller mounts for tkp’s im Guessing? :grin:

1 Like

Yeah I’m setting up the direct deposit from my work just to go straight to him from now on.

2 Likes

I hope that I dont get to that level but who am I kidding He’s probably going to come up with something to siphon my money anyway :tipping_hand_man:

Fatboy hub six shooter tires/tubes cough cough

2 Likes

Yeah. Chris and I have been working on 6x3 tires and wheels. Coming soon

9 Likes

@Skunk those SZ TKP that are on the summer sale won’t fit @psychotiller mounts. They’re the Grindsz, different profile than the regular TKP

2 Likes

Well that’s balls… Glad I ordered my @JLabs pullye instead of picking up the trucks.

Sounds like a full forum harvest that build!! Awesome stuff. We want pictures. I’m not alone in this.

3 Likes