FeatherRemote and SmartRemote (Files in post #577)

Amazing! Thanks for releasing the code and files for this - amazing contribution. I was about to build the Firefly nano but really wanted the ESTOP feature so I will build this one if I can figure everything out. I never did this kind of software development but I work in tech and I know C. Hopefully I can contribute in the future.

With the files you provided am I able to get a PCB made for the transmitter and receiver? If not, is it possible to build this without any custom PCBs like Firefly Nano?

1 Like

Can I order onee as of now?

I’d like to order one also! Is there a sign up sheet or do we just need to PM your?

So yeah it’s definitely possible to make it work without the PCB. It’s just more difficult and not as reliable (arguably). Stefan’s included the PCB files so you should just be able to use something like jlcpcb and get them made

1 Like

I definitly will produce one form time to time… But not at the moment. I still have some remotes to do.

U definitly can build this remote like @Arek didi it.

But a PCB will make it more safe.

Getting there, 95% finished :slight_smile: IMG_20190208_195738

IMG_20190208_202703 .

Pins have to be very short to not puncture the cell: IMG_20190208_202759

IMG_20190208_232940

10 Likes

Do you think you’ll make another production run before… say April or May? Won’t really be riding reason here for a few more months so I don’t mind waiting…

1 Like

Nice carbonfill?

2 Likes

Nah that’s ordinary cheap black PLA

1 Like

That looks so cool! i’m looking into designing a PCB that has also the controller embedded, hence no piggyback PCB

If anybody’s looking to build this remote, keep in mind like @Arek said to keep the soldered pins as flush to the pcb as possible. Otherwise you the pin will puncture the battery and glitch everything mid ride…

4 Likes

Also I first trimmed them (with a flush wire cutter) and THEN soldered it, as a result sharp pins are covered with rounded solder. As a another layer of protection I will add a layer of that fish paper that is intended for battery isolation use.

1 Like

2019-02-11%2009_50_16-EasyEDA%20-%20A%20Simple%20and%20Powerful%20Electronic%20Circuit%20Design%20Tool

U mean this :slight_smile:

I just have to make a last review and then i ll go for an order…

7 Likes

Can I be put down for one :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh jeez is this the closest it’s gonna get to buying one completely made? :eyes:

I want I want I want I want

Me want, but I doubt id be able to make it :sleepy:

I want 2 badly, i think i have next to no chance of making one and it actually working, but i may give it a go just to see.

1 Like

Those mounting holes on the bottom seem kinda broken, way too close to the PCB, manufacturer may complain. Did you add a low pass filter for the RF module? Pls put there USB type-c, it’s time to switch from micro :stuck_out_tongue: Have you used a bit bigger holes for the connectors? I see all tracks the same width, power lines should be a bit thicker. Also would be nice to have a SMD antenna. That USB connector has two big pads, slap 4 tiny vias on each so it will be stronger. You decided to keep THT hall sensor? Thought you going for SMD one… You added 3rd mounting hole, thanks!

Just my 2 cents :rofl:

Those mounting holes on the bottom seem kinda broken, way too close to the PCB, manufacturer may complain.

Easy for JLCPCB :stuck_out_tongue: They will tell me this on the review.

Did you add a low pass filter for the RF module?

Do u have any document showing its recomented`? I think there is already one on the most RF69 moduls. Any suggestions about inductions and capacty?

Have you used a bit bigger holes for the connectors?

No, i tested them on my original JST connectors and they are just fine.

I see all tracks the same width, power lines should be a bit thicker.

Look closer, they are already thicker

Also would be nice to have a SMD antenna.

I ll think about it… maybe a pcb antenna…

Ah ok thanks!

You decided to keep THT hall sensor? Thought you going for SMD one…

Look closer again :wink:

You added 3rd mounting hole, thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

Has anyone built the pcb them self? like ordered from PCBways and assembled it?