FeatherRemote and SmartRemote (Files in post #577)

any update on the no battery remotes ?

1 Like

Nope. :stuck_out_tongue: they’re go out in the evening I guess… the remotes with batteries go out tomorrow probably

All batteries arrived! I ll crimp then tomorrow at work and they ll leave my house tomorrow evening :wink:

6 Likes

Ahm I haven’t read much of this topic, but I just saw that you using 12V voltage regulator probably something like LM2576 and you will be connecting like lamps and loads more than 0.5A you will definitely will need radiator because those fckers heat up as their efficiency is pretty low like 75% so converting 42V to 12V 3A will be like around 10W of heat produced or etc.

Also, LM2576 has an HV version which has a higher input voltage (60V) than its normal version (40V) so it would work with up to 13S batteries :slight_smile:

But anyway looks like good design and cool looking remote, it is nice to see innovation happening in remotes section :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wait so does that mean all remotes will ship with a battery then? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Kug3lis
I checked this before, and they didnt heat up that much… thats strange. I ll check this again. Thanks for the advise. I already use the HV version :slight_smile: thats not the problem. But other components like capacitors and diods are the bottleneck. I upgraded them already.

I like your work! Unfortunitly i missed your black friday thing.

@sofu looks like i ll ship all remotes with batteries. Makes no sense becuase of one or two days to split them

1 Like

I know… 63V capacitors are freaking huge :smiley: Maybe it was just my use case but idea that around 25% will be let out as heat so keep that in mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am always thankful about hints about safety :wink:

Sounds good to me! I’m not in a super rush, just curious :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am running my headlights off a 20Amp bec:-) My headlights suck allmost 3Amp

20181206_181041

1 Like

holy shit! Thats a lot! U can also use this 12V output just for control your own BEC. but we ll see…

I have the basic model from u i believe. But hey just darn happy to have a good remote soon:-) Cruise control yihaa Speed Voltage

1 Like

They going out today hopefully? I sure am hoping!!! Thanks again

They go out tomorrow from the company where I work for. They told me its faster than a private shipping. (and just a bit cheaper!) so I hope u ll get the remote soon! I am totally happy when u get those things and give me feedback about stability ect. anyway, the first batch will get updates for sure is we face some problems!

Have you thought of implementing 18650 battery instead of that little lipo? Would make a lot sense and way better battery life. With fine positsioning the width of the remote would stay same.

Hard to fit the battery in… the Feather, display and all the electronics need space… Why not using the 502535? I guess they work fine and have a really long battery life in my opinion.

Little lipos tend to degrade in time faster than liions. Also most diy folks out there have some spare 18650 laying around and you can keep one battery charged at all times in case you need quick replacement. This is ofcourse with the idea of taking the battery out if needed. If you look at the electronic cigaret boxes then you can see how small they can be made :slight_smile: You can share the .step files. I might have a look into this.

Seems a bit overkill for the purpose. When do you need a cell that is that large for a controller?

its cool if u build in like a software OFF for the remote. because u can switch off the remote into a standby mode, where the remote just needs a few mA.

I build this into the remote for an power safe mode. If the remote is not connected to a board for more then 10/30 minutes, it switches off to safe battery… in case u forgot to switch it off. Then its cool u still have power after a week or something.