FeatherRemote and SmartRemote (Files in post #577)

Really nice work man​:+1::+1: Can you tell me whicj bearings youre using to smooth the thumb wheel motion? Kr

1 Like

Just or of curiosity: is it possible to make this remote in aluminium case, attach velcro to one side, and use it as puck in case of fall? Or is completely bs idea?

3 Likes

@sharky thanks man! I am using some 8x3x4mm bearings inside… (4 in total… 1 trigger, 1 retract, 2 thumb wheel)

@Grozniy good idea… most expensive puck u ll ever own

2 Likes

Great thx man for your help!

1 Like

The idea behind this is when you fall, you don’t lose control of the board

1 Like

@StefanMe how does the ESTOP behaves if you are applying full throttle or full brake? I have something similar coded in my remote but for now I have to turn on and off the board since I couldn’t find a safe way to resume the command, abruptly doing it can throw you off

1 Like

I have a complex handling with the estop. Took me a while to get this done.

Depend on settings u have chosen in the settings menu, the board will slow down completely until the break is at -25% throttle. I slow down a virtual throttle and check some internal things… then I make connection checks between remote and receiver and verify the values that are coming in are “safe” within a specified time for a few time. At this time the board is standing still. Then u can throttle again… IF ur are in “soft” mode. If u are in “hard” mode u have to recover with full throttle back for a while. Sounds much easier than it is… u also have to capture some other things like parts where u are not transmitting data… if u are in the menu… but still want the board not go into estop mode ect.

What should happen? U mean u destroy the remote and the board will run away? For this I implanted the ESTOP feature

1 Like

Thanks a lot, really liked your solution

I’m thinking in doing it so that if the connection is restored the throttle has to be kept neutral for a given time until it is resumed

1 Like

Thats how I do it on the “soft” mode… its more complex, but that’s the main idea.

My first version was the same like yours. But it sucks when u are just a few meters away from the board and the board goes into estop, u have to switch on off again… Blabla… sucks.

1 Like

The worst I how mine is currently

It just goes to neutral until the board is reset, I only lóst connection once, but it was scary since I forgot I had it setup that way, almost run over two old dudes

I can’t understand why there aren’t any features like this in the remote section. Show me the result if u are done… would be nice to see a different version how to handle it…

1 Like

Will do, there is a lot of other things I have to code first

1 Like

So boysch! little update!

the PCB with receiver and step-down form 42V to 12V for headlights and adaptive break lights is finished. Had a little trouble to find all the components, but now its working great. Check out the short demonstration video!

Of course adjustable from the settings menu… always on, with headlights or off.

19 Likes

Looking awesome!

1 Like

Man this keeps looking better and better! Great work! :+1:

2 Likes

Can I get in on the wait list on this? I so need this.

Loving you work looking so awsome. hoping there will be pre orders soon :wink:

Hey guys, I did a lot of testing the last days. And I am happy with the results! The Remote is ready for the first orders!

I want one please fill out the order file. I ll start building after I received the payment.

• FeatherRemote Advanced Get the full package, with remote and advanced receiver assembled and ready to start! The advanced features include a receiver PCB with 10s to 12V step down (3A) to use simple and small motorbike breaklights and headlights. Adaptive break light support.

• FeatherRemote Basic Get the full package with remote and basic receiver assembled. Includes 5pin JST connector to simply connect the receiver to the VESC/FOCBOX.

• FeatherRemote DIY Get two PCBs with mounted and precoded Ardunios/FeathersM0 combinations to print or create your own FeatherRemote as u like.

FeatherRemote advanced (FeatherRemote, FeatherReceiver Advanced) 160€ FeatherRemote basic (FeatherRemote. FeatherReceiver Basic) 130€ FeatherRemote DIY (Adafruit Feather precoded with PCB for remote and receiver all other parts must be provided by your own!) 80€

I ll accept 10 orders for the first batch and will support each order on setup ect. For more questions just sent me a message!

7 Likes

Can the throttle be reversed, so away-from-body is brake and towards-body is throttle?

Those of us using trigger remotes can’t really even try things like this without that feature

It’d be like borrowing your spouse’s car except the throttle and brake pedals are on opposite sides from yours … then a car pulls out in front of you … and you instinctively mash the throttle… despite being in full control the entire time up to that point when your reflexes activated

6 Likes