Feather Remote Parts Kits - US - 1 KIT LEFT

Thanks that’s really nice of you to offer. I don’t think I’ll have any trouble replacing the chip, but separating the feather from the pcb looks like a pain. I’ll google to see if there’s an easy trick. If my repair attempts fail I’ll hit you up.

I’ve watched a lot of louis rossmann board reuair videos, and have a stereo microscope and everything.

I used the desoldering tool to remove a faulty feather. Basically I used the soldering iron to heat each pin and while the solder is hot, pull the header pin with tweezers. They pull right out. Repeat x 18 or so lol. Once all the pins are out you can remove the feather and then use the desoldering pump on each pcb pinhole to remove the excess.

2 Likes

Awesome. That was plan A. Plan B was cutting each pin through the plastic, then desoldering the pins. I have the header pins already. I have the solder sucker, but I also have lots of flux (don’t delay buy today) and desoldering braid.

It’s nice that the feather is open source HW. The schematics and all are available.

3 Likes

This is the way to go… my Procedure:

vacuuum the solder on one side, heat up the pin pin with 400C quickly and pull out the pin with small tweezers, vacuum pump the solder from the holes…

Shit work but the best I can recommend!

2 Likes

I’ll buy the 2 spots if they are complete

1 Like

I’ve got parts coming in for two more remote kits + advanced led control board as an option. I also have red and white led adhesive strips. One of the kits can also be finished off as a complete remote if so desired. PM me for details.

What’s your price for another kit with an advanced led board and an additional receiver board? I really like the remote now that I got it working! Thanks!

Glad you’re enjoying it. Just to be clear, you’re asking for a kit ( remote + receiver ) and the led advanced board right ?

What you said plus an additional receiver! ( I saw earlier you had extras, no worry if you don’t)

So a “kit” + advanced board + an additional receiver(for another board)

One last kit with the advanced board is for sale. After this I’ll be taking a break on making kits so get it while it’s available !!

1 Like

Price drop on the last kit, will include a battery making it truly a print a shell and you’re good to go kit ! Pm for details

Looking to clear out my inventory with this last kit, priced to sell. PM for details

Last kit sold, thanks everyone