Faulty items and bad service from diyelectric skateboards

Unfortunately, you can’t make everyone happy. I was on the road and was grabbing lunch. If you prefer, I don’t even answer. That’s fine too. No hard feelings. I’m still and always available to help when I am available.

After-sale is crucial and I don’t ignore it. But unfortunately, for the people who are impatient and don’t try and get help (re-initiate contact). Don’t get fed. Of course, that’s not how it should be but for now it is. Majority of time most people will figure it out and/or find the answer in a few minutes afterwards.

It’s being worked out. Documentation, Tutorials, Troubleshooting Issues and Standard Procedures are being put in place.

Sorry for all of those who have had issues. It’s being worked on and it isn’t personal if you have issues. Just try and re-initiate contact.

• Items are all in stock. They won’t be out of stock unless something crazy happens. Besides battery packs but we have new inventory coming in. This was a “previous” issue which has since been resolved.
  • APS Flier ESCs do break. Unless you have a 10S/12S Dual, I still have a box of 40 which are useless.
  • A single motor can go 30mph and can climb hills. Pair it up with a Dual motor and go up steep hills 10x and it’s a no contest. Of course, specifics and variables matter.

Thanks @dennisukr. It’s appreciated.

Sorry for the confusion here but I thought these ESC’s can only go up to 7s? Can anyone clarify? Thanks :slight_smile:

I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Dexter @torqueboards , shipping always quick, parts arrived in working condition. Haven’t really used the VESC too much yet, but so far it seems to be working fine, and so is the Antispark. Every time i had to go on his website to chat, he was always there. People that say he doesn’t answer, maybe you’re on a different time zone? The guy needs to sleep too you know.

1 Like

Ive recently had a terrible experience with him First off my switch broke i screwed it in and it turned out there was a solder joint issue then all the wire to the push button started coming off and when I contacted him he said Id have to pay for it to be returned and a new product sent to me. Then my battery itself had led issues I asked him what could be done and he only asked for photos of the setup itself i told him how and exaclty what parts ive been using but he just nagged for photos which i sent and he didnt get. So then I eventually decide fuck the warranty ill take a crack at this myself the cells are fin but the bms has 2 small burns around the circuit board at different contacts. All the glue used to hold it together actually made it so that the wires were efectively yanked from their contact when the battery was shaken. To finally pisss me off on the site its advertised with lg he4 cells and when I opened it all I see is rows of lg he2 which in itself is false advertising. I had ordered 6 lh he4 cells for replacement just in case however now they are useless because i need lg he2 apparently.

Didn’t you say you got into an accident? These things aren’t bullet proof.

How were you planning on replacing batteries anyways? You can make a second pack to swap in and out.

If the BMS is the only issue, it should be simple fix.

If this board cant handle the abuse then maybe its time to build better batteries because the ‘accident’ was at only 12mph and thats basically nothis it was even slowing down . It was also protected inside a kydex enclosre that sustained no damge only the front part of my board hit the wall anyways

edit: It would be a simple fix if it was a simple solder cnnection but part of the board itself is fried like one of the DRVs so it wont even turn on the battery.

How is a board hitting the wall at 12mph “nothing”? A little solder joint can break off from that pretty easy. Add vibrations from using the board and this things happen. Were your electronics padded apart from the kydex enclosure? There’s a TON of factors that affect this.

1 Like

umm yea? This thing was padded with memory foam around it and if u consider all the vibrations and abuse your board takes on a daily basis 12mph, a wall (technically the curb) is nothing

Did you ever end up posting pictures?

No, he didn’t. I wanted to help him. I spent well over 1-2 hours talking to him asking for photos and more details. Even offered him to ship it back to me and I would of gotten it fixed for him. He refused to send more photos and for the photos he did said they were pixelated and zoomed in.

But he wanted to “Not be without a running board”.

I told him specifically, if you open it. You will void the warranty completely. He choose to open it and forgo my advice.

All my packs are LG HE2 and not LG HE4. That is a typo.

I tried to help you Will. I would of replaced your pack if it was faulty. You choose to deny that.

1 Like

That typo at the end of the day is still false advertising. Lg he2 is not he4 a lion battery isn’t a lipo so if i sell battery saying 10000mah and I really am selling a battery with 1,000 mah then it is up to the retailer to either refund or send me a new battery

true, but of all the cells in our eboard world right now, they are nearly identical.

Both have almost the exact same specs, down to the point where it’d be really hard or not possible to tell a difference between the two if they weren’t labeled and you had two packs each one with either he2 or he4.

also, pictures just prove you are telling the truth… I could email dexter all day about how I snapped my motor mount, but if I don’t give him a legit, quality picture, there is no reason for him to send out a replacement on a zero evidense basis.

dexter is the nicest and most helpful diy item provider in this community - he has a lot of patience, is very generous and can always be caught for a helpful chat.

if anything went wrong between you two, I know exactly on which end! :sunglasses: