FatBoy Solid Core Hub

Yeah I expect to be almost half the range I can go on urethane but thats really just pros and cons and improvements in drive train efficiency will help get as much range as we can from our packs

We could definitely prototype some stuff. Just need to know what kind of hubs to put them on. We can make prototype wheels in a few weeks usually with an aluminium tool that’s good enough for 10 or so sets.

3 Likes

This would be amazing! well since we’re on the Fatboy Solid Core hub topic and thread, :laughing:

these are similar to the Trampa hubs so anyone with those can now opt for urethane other than the Gummies that Trampa provides which I think gets you more people interested

It’s not that only Labeda or Aend know how to pour urethane. In fact there are more advanced formulas out there in other industries so Trampa might have very good wheels.

1 Like

Yeah nobody has ever had any issues with gummies so that’s something :smile:

I would be interested in some thane sleeves for @psychotiller 6shooters… that would also fit @Kug3lis smaller hub design I believe?

2 Likes

Yeah but those only have like one tire options… I think 3.75" would be more universal as trampa supertar, plastic ones and our wheel hubs both versions 28mm and 22mm bearing would work too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah… but no sixshooters… a lot of folks love sixshooters and that size is a good inbetween 107s and larger offroad wheels. And there is already a urethane sleeve option for the bigger hub with trampa gummies, no?

3 Likes

That’s correct. Just that it’s the onlyyu option for that hub size but more options for that hub is very much welcome for me!

Still waiting on those upsized six shooters :grin:

The point of sixshooters is the size… why do more options for something that is already available make more sense than providing a urethane sleeve option for wheels that many people are already running?!? And Kug3lis has the same size hub for all the euro peeps. This would actually provide a new product instead of just an alternative to an already existing product.

Obviously both would be awesome, but if it is just one at first, go with the one that doesn’t already have a counterpart…

I would preorder 2 or 3 sets right now!

2 Likes

You guys let me know which hubs you’re keen on and we can see what we can work out if anyone is interested in urethane for them.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely! don’t get me wrong on the size, I think they’re really good just that I figured you can’t get those quality tires and tubes on bigger hubs like these.

I’d go and buy a set without a doubt if I already don’t have the fatboy hubs that came with the drives I picked up.

Are these available somewhere? Can’t seem to find them. Would your inner gear drive train work with them (how much clearance is left with a 6inch wheel)?

Theyre on his site I believe. Those are the ones that work with six shooters you just gotta selec the hub option :grin:

I can only find the 6.5inch Trampa versions. Bearing size is something else.

Oh you’re right I was mistaken sorry about that I think I confused it with bearing size option lol.

Ok I found it. Now I remember why I couldn’t look it up on the wheel hub page directly. The smaller 2.9" hub option is only available for the TB218 gear drive

So I can’t buy them as standalone items? Those plus @3DServisas inner gear drive must be nice.

1 Like

Currently no and I’m not sure why it is only available for purchase with the 1:3 drive set but you could ask @kug3lis

Hi, sorry but those 2.9" wheel hubs have completely different mounting holes and etc so its only available right now for 1:3 gear drive. If you interested in getting them separately its possible to make with custom holes for what ever you want. If you want we can also make a pulley for it. Just need information what is needed.

P.S. Inner gear drive needs 8" tires as clearance is pretty low. Its more for 1:3 gear drives :slight_smile: