FatBoy Solid Core Hub

5 Likes

sweet sweet sweet !! Is that fit Gummies well ?

Yep :wink:

Also it will work with 3:1 Gear box

10char

1 Like

Up!

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/wheel-hubs/products/fatboy-solid-core-hub-3-75-5-spoke-for-28mm-bearing-set-of-4-hubs

Just wanted to notify that we are working on 6"x2" alibaba style tire wheel hub

5 Likes

Kugy, I was thinking about how to install my new FatBoy precision hubs and come to the conclusion if you also offered some precision bearing spacers so I could get rid of the rubber o-rings Trampa use to make up for their sloppy fit that would be :+1:

What do you think?

2 Likes

Hereā€™s what would be #1 on my wishlist for a design mod -

In researching 9ā€ tire options there seems to be only Trampas Primo hub or the fivestar hubs from MBS available.

Neither of which has a geared drive option from any vendor afaik.

Not sure what Trampa does to their hub, it does look like they have a second lip

but MBS has a second lip shown in the product page

If this could be incorporated it would be a killer stroke, itā€™s metal that would be be milled off anyway and it allows 8ā€ tires too.

Please consider it since I really want the off-road ability of a 9ā€ tire with a geared drive, I canā€™t be the only one

2 Likes

my next build :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which brand of 9" tires you guys would like, because if I understand Trampa/MBS tires are different sizes so you need to chooseā€¦

2 Likes

The MBS T2 are appealing to me

Dimensions IMG_9059

Hereā€™s the Trampa option

Dimensions IMG_9060

Result: same size

1 Like

Nope, you are not. 8" doesnā€™t have enough clearance.

I would not be an immediate buyer, but the interest should be there. There are a few chewed up ā€œdirectā€ gear drives out there.

1 Like

Mine are already suffering, I use them on the beach my fault. But they also get hit by the odd rock, and Iā€™d like to take them up a stoney road to a lake but the feet are already getting killed by just worn off road tarmac. I can put some rubber pads down but I think the solution is 9" for sure and the that will also solve my beach traction issues

The spurs are getting quite some abuse from sand ingress, if there were a way to seal the gap on the drives this would be perfect

v-rings are the solution, if your spurs are pom i would use a metal can between the ā€˜ā€˜gearshaftā€™ā€™ and the v-ring, cause plastic on plastic can melt.

Thanks Metal spur and Pom wheel gear from @3DServisas

Sand is getting in through the 1mm gap between the back plate and the Pom wheel gear

How do you manage to run in the beachā€¦ without sinking in with the wheels and etc?

1 Like

Good question!

Iā€™m on 8" Superstars with Black Alpha 8 Inch Tyres - all purpose tires which were the beefiest tire option when buying Superstars

Temporarily I could maybe go to Trampa 8" mudpluggers for more grip

But yes, I can only start off in hard packed sand, and that sucks, in saying that there is plenty of hard packed sand and Iā€™m spoiled for long, wide beaches. I get going and try to find the best sand, keeping spped up is imperative to not losing the plane on the sand.

These narrrow, small tires like to dig in and when they do like in this 52km get-off you can see the ā€˜launch patternā€™ & ā€˜landing zoneā€™ here, it included what must have been a spectacular flip

I think you maybe want them to be almost out of air but just enough to keep tire on wheel it would provide more traction maybe?

Yep running them soft already, iā€™m maybe 75kg

thats exactly where the v-ring would be;)

I just got message from @3DServisas that he started making design for 9" tire. Also I know there will be 1:5/4 gear drive with fully enclosed for hardcore off-road/beach stuff. Just what you would like :slight_smile:

@Nordle itā€™s inner gear drive. The whole outer case moves so no place to mount v-grove. The only thing I imagine is attach some kind of lip on top of baseplate to hide straight entry inside the gear.

4 Likes