FatBoy Nano Urethane Gear Drive 1:2.6

These look so cool but ugh do I want to trick out under my year old board.

I know this probably wouldn’t work on the Nano, but @Kug3lis have you tried making a herringbone or helical gear drive? With no manufacturing or CNC background, I can only imagine it would be very difficult to make, but I cream at the idea of hearing how silent some of your drives with herringbone gears and glops of grease could be, even as a one off.

With the 3D printed herringbone gears I made, they were about 70-80% quieter than my spur gears, and it was amaaaaaazing.

I have talked before about helical gears, that it is not worth the cost of making them for small benefit. We are going to stick to spur gears as they are the most reliable and easiest to configure for end user.

2 Likes

I feel you there, i understand the cost and difficulty not wanting to sell them.

Let me clarify my question
 Have you not thought about testing one set for yourself just for fun?

We have tried in the spring but results there not what we expected or wanted :slight_smile: So after many fails and tries we decided to stick to simple spur gears :slight_smile: At least will not need to replace gears for customers who fail to align correctly. Also helical require much wider gears than spur gears :slight_smile:

So neither nano neither mini would work with them as it would too small

2 Likes

@Kug3lis is this a special price for pre-order/BF? If so, how long will it be in effect, and what’s the normal price?

Why can’t it be black Friday yet

No it’s normal price just gonna be released on Friday

2 Likes

Product is ready for BF :slight_smile: (Starts on 00:00 GMT (4 PM West Coast US, 7 PM East Coast US)

Probably first 5 orders will be shipped this year :slight_smile:

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/products/pre-order-fatboy-nano-urethane-gear-drive-1-2-6

1 Like

Btw drive is mountable ±15Âș and 0Âș:

• 0Âș its parallel to ground
  • +15Âș (evo decks and etc)
  • -15Âș
2 Likes

Yes for anyone thinking about evo underdeck mount with it it is plenty of space because of the compact design: IMG_20181002_165337 For both front and back truck

5 Likes

ordered :+1:

10char

Isn’t that too close to the Kingpin when the axle turns?

2 Likes

This is with +15Âș and with full tilt to the side it doesn’t touch anything :slight_smile:

I don’t have now a way to take a picture as it is taken apart atm but the gap is enough for the full tilt with the kingpin loose. Also, the distance between motors is the same Mini so @mackann can tell that it doesn’t touch on his board :slight_smile:

It’s not even close, the only problem I did have is that they was to close to the enclosure if I did have very loose trucks so needed to redesign the enclosure a little shorter

Screenshot_20181123-153647 Screenshot_20181123-153625 Screenshot_20181123-153605

2 Likes

Today received the E-Caliber truck :slight_smile:

7 Likes

do you think maytech sealed motors fit e-trucks? these are 6355 but in real life 61mm

Ahm it’s lottery :slight_smile: Lengh wise its no issue but the problem is only when hanger turns and then motor touches the baseplate near kingpin seat so considering that the wider part is in center maybe it will not touch :slight_smile:

I zoomed in like Chloe. 145mm on the ruler. The other question is if we need clearance for the kingpin or the baseplate bulge.