FatBoy Mini Urethane Gear Drive 1:(2.8, 2.6, 2.4)

The whole drive is different from yours 1:3 :wink: Its lot smaller for increased ground clearance.

EDIT: non-POM will be probably used in every new gear drive :slight_smile: It’s better

Oh got it lol i thought they would be compatible with one another to some degree :smile: will these still have variable gear ratio options too?

Now i want one…

impeccable. well done.

1 Like

Yes change motor gear basically :slight_smile: 2.8, 2.6, 2.4 :slight_smile:

Can i get the parts to upgrade mine later on once you start producing them?

How are they better? Is it in terms of noise or are they more durable as well?

On paper it should be more sturdier, less friction, better noise absorption properties.

BTW I found old video of the first 1:3 for trampa we made so gears without cover were making less noise than tires :smiley:

So that’s the first design without any modifications to gear profile which noise is has a lot of reduced noise :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s practically silent coasting! So awesome! I don’t think I’ll need to upgrade the wheel gear as the pom should last a long time :smile:

Are the motor gears between these and the 1:3 v2 the same in terms of material?

Yes, they are the same aluminum :slight_smile:

Great work @kug3lis! Convincing myself I dont need the upgrade right now as I still need the cash for your hangars lol

1 Like

Will there be a group buy for this? They are looking awsome!:heart_eyes:

So the v2s which are out now should be even more quiet in comaprison? :heart_eyes:

Is that a evo board? Can you check if it possibel to mount under the board on the front?

@mackann I will ask

Another foto session

8 Likes

Here is pictures from mounted in front @mackann

6 Likes

That clearance looks kinda low. Might I suggest adding mounting holes for replaceable, dispensable, plastic “skid plates” that take the beating from the road?

4 Likes

Is it possible to mout the motors like normal, sticking rear out ? I dont like they are so close to the ground.

Well if you add something lower it will always hit, so I don’t really see a point of it.

@Silverline you can what ever angle you want :slight_smile:

If it is EVO4WD, ground clearance is a bit strict. But I will definitely buy it.

Also I just got message saying that angle is bad in front so that’s why it looks like clearance is low look at other pictures :wink:

Do you have a picture, with the motors sticking rear out :slight_smile: