FatBoy Mini Urethane Gear Drive 1:(2.8, 2.6, 2.4)

Super interested please push through with thiis!!

Damnit @kug3lis you keep making that hole in my wallet bigger and bigger lol but thank you really. I lean more on RKPs but others really like the TKPs for the carving so some things you could add in to consider(unless you already have :smile:)

Hey wait a minute. Given same dimensions, steel is stronger than titanium. Titanium is lighter, and has some other nice properties, but is a lot more expensive as well.

Are you perhaps saying that, in the form you want, commonly available alloys of titanium are stronger than commonly available alloys of steel?

This just means TB218ā€™s choice of steel type was not optimal?

BTW this thread is very sexy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, there are some steel types which can concur titanium in this case, but most of them are rusting and etc we decided that titanium will be good combination :slight_smile: Plus titanium flexes but not bends

Price point not much differs then ordering big quantity :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you did the SZ based on the TKP wouldnā€™t it be a lot less than ā‚¬100? You donā€™t need to machine the bushing seat, just the hanger.

1 Like

If TKP then yes it would be cheaper :slight_smile:

Okay, skimmed through this terrible thread :wink: I donā€™t think I can get away from this one.

The caliber style hangers, are they caliber dimensions or TB218 dimensions?

And Iā€™m sorry to be ignorant, but whatā€™s the point of the SR hangers, with the caliber style ones available? Are SR baseplates so much superior to caliber? Tighter tolerances? Or is it because of available baseplate angles?

Mmmm then you could use their adjustable base plates. I am interested. Either in RKP or TKP. Either one would be awesome. Great idea on making it compatible with already tried, true, and existing precision base plates.

1 Like

Fuck yeah they are better. And you can just buy the hanger. Veried base plate angles, even adjustable baseplates. This is the step that got me truly wanting in on this.

3 Likes

I mean, the never available adjustable baseplates aside, itā€™s just an RKP baseplate, right? Itā€™s not a different system like Ronin or Liquid Fyre. Are the baseplates machined that much better? I should really just ride a ton and see for myselfā€¦

2 Likes

I sent an email to SR asking when the adjustable RKPā€™s would be available again. I would love to have those. never need to get risers again to accomodate the ride style and build options!

1 Like

I have some gbomb brackets, thatā€™s another way you can get adjustable. But, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever changed the angle lol. So I think the extra expense, complication, bulk may not be worth it. Better in the long run to just buy a few baseplates.

OH NOES gbomb website is gone? :frowning: :frowning:

And theyā€™ve been up to a lot more craziness. torsion tail?

https://www.sickboards.nl/en/282_g-bomb

EDIT a different url has some stuff

http://www.shop.gbomblongboards.com/COMPONENTS_c3.htm

Fair enough, but the adjustable Base plated enable you to do some awesome things, hard to get or not. But they other thing is, they just FEEL nicer, higher quality IMHO, and if I am spending this kind of coin, I want some nice base plates with itā€¦

Definitely not worth it if you donā€™t use it. Adjustable base plates is the only thing that made my last build possible.

5 Likes

So if my understanding is correct all you need is a SR baseplate for whatever @kug3lisā€™s plans for the hangar and axles are gonna be and you should be good to go?

I took a look at how much a single SR truck is going to cost and damn theyā€™re pricey. its even more expensive than going for their complete truck set :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Well a set of adjustable base plates is $150, for regular base plates they are $45 each IIRC. I do wish the base plates by themselves were a little cheaper. But, I am not sweating a few bucks on a $1500-$2000 build.

3 Likes

yeah that would be the ultimate solution in any case so better to go all in on a pair of $300 base plates than buying riser pads or different angled base plates?

I try not to cringe thinking about dropping $300 on a single truck part but those adjustable angles thoughā€¦

1 Like

$150 is for a SET of adjustable $90 for a set of non adjustable.

2 Likes

oh lol sorry I was mistaken. What bushings and pivot cups are you running with yours by the way?

1 Like

Geared Roninā€™s would be a dream. I assume @Kug3lis wouldnā€™t go that route due to more complex design and maybe patent issues

Surfrodz are pretty good because they are machined so good tolerances. I think rkp would be the obvious choice for more stability vs tkp. 10mm should be used for more peace of mind for us heavier guys

3 Likes

@Kug3lis Will these new Sr clone trucks coming for this mini abec drive ā€¦will these be available for the mini drive with your fat boy rims and gummiesā€¦sorry Iā€™m just learning these gear drives and what is capableā€¦I thought they only mtb and atb applicationā€¦I want the 107 abec drive badly soooo badly ā€¦but ā€¦I plan on building a winter board and the gummies is more the better way to go as I live in Canadaā€¦ ā€¦as the abec freeze to a rockā€¦but I donā€™t want a mtb with suspension as Iā€™m using as a in the cityā€¦thinking 4wd too is there a discount if buy i twoā€¦or the goup buy the way to go for both drivesā€¦thanks for your helpā€¦

Yes, it will fit pneumei drive kit too. Basically it will be Sr baseplate compatibility but bottom part the same as caliber style.

@Titoxd10001 itā€™s possible to make for ronin too, but we need MOQ of 20 units to make it :wink: I am thinking that RKP is better too, as somehow TKP those two bolts look suspiciousā€¦

2 Likes