FatBoy Mini Urethane Gear Drive 1:(2.8, 2.6, 2.4)

Version 2 urethane mini drive? How will it be different from the other fatboy versions now? :smile:

It’s just adaptor away to use Kegel’s… We already have adaptor as we made one for pulleys so if you want you can ride it on 100mm kegels but the ground clearance will be like 3.5mm less

1 Like

best video ever!

Trying out different casing for this drive

6 Likes

We are testing out new plastic and new gear drive tooth profile for reduced sound

4 Likes

With the casing

7 Likes

Test drive without load and with heavy load (fat person :smiley: ) This is filmed without any lubricants, next videos incoming with lubrication… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

One noticeable thing is that with this gear profile and combination gear noise by itself disappears compared to previous gear drives, just hard working motor and wheel noises…

Here is previous version from prototypes we sent out:

So it won’t be submerged in oil? How is the plastic vs aluminium in durability? Did the first version did to high noice or how come plastic now?

We always used plastic POM to aluminum gears, now we switched to different plastic much harder one for the try out :slight_smile:

It’s submergible in oil, we are going to film right now with oil :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What gear ratio is that?

Since new baseplates aren’t likely. How about future option based on other trucks like arsenal, rogue or surfrodz?

At the moment it was 1:2.4 but it will be available in more gear ratios :slight_smile:

Length of hanger is required if you want to use 6374, 6355 maybe on some hangers but still questionable :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added oil to the gear box, but big changes to the sound didn’t make maybe frequency changed but not really noticeable on camera :slight_smile:

4 Likes

First, you are doing amazing work @Kug3lis , my plan in the future was to make my own drivetrain, but seeing the progress you’ve made on noise I may get one

Second, are you using grease or oil? In my head the grease would affect way less the sound than oil

And third, what about you getting some hard data on the noise so we can really see the differences? Using the same setup in the room and the same microphone we could compare everything easily

I personally use REW a lot for loudspeakers measurements, but the real time analyzer would fit perfectly for this

https://www.roomeqwizard.com

Even a simple dB reading for the same speed or set of speeds would be way more valuable than just the videos

can i get a monkey etched on the back of them? :wink:

Are you planning on getting this? :smiley: We are almost ready for group buy, but just thinking that at the moment forum is dead and better to wait up for September when everybody comes back from holidays and etc…

1 Like

hell yes :slight_smile: I have a new build all planned out and just this battery and wheels and I’m ready to go :wink:

I want them now but my wallet is happy to wait until Sept lol

EDIT: the hanger is going to be available on its own right? I think I want matching front and rear truck widths (I like the stability the TB ones give on my Evo

Yes, will be available separately :wink: FB230 and FB240 :slight_smile:

1 Like

woah I thought there was only one custom titanium hangar? How did I miss out on this lol

after my recent axel break at speed: titanium axles sound absolutely perfect for this next build :wink:

2 Likes