FatBoy Mini Urethane Gear Drive 1:(2.8, 2.6, 2.4)

IMG_0560

9 Likes

Have you decided on prices for hanger yet?

It was mentioned before :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Group buy would be real nice, just saying :grin:

2 Likes

Will buy 2 if itā€™s not more then 3 mouth away before itā€™s rdy to ship :FatBoy Mini Drive Train + FatBoy 230 Hanger Group buy would be nice to save some money

1 Like

How mutch is the clearence from the motor to the ground? It looks very little on the pictures?

1 Like

Nice that looks alot better, was a bit worried from the cad pictures but that look great! The motor also look alot closer to the truck so clearence problem with the board/enclosure should be better if I can se right?

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s why we are making longer hanger so there wouldnā€™t be any problems with 6374 motors :wink:

2 Likes

Hmm it looks like it wonā€™t fit on mount under the board for front truck, can you se any problem front mount it for the front truck?

Not really, also you will need to double check if it doesnā€™t fit under the deck in the front. Drive can have angle adjusted. Plus it will be pretty wide

1 Like

Ok great, I canā€™t wait to get my hands on this :smiley:

Finally our Dyno stand for our esk8 gear drives is finished. We will be able to test gear drives more accurately at variable speeds and loads and fine adjust noise to lowest levels.

This is how our first prototype looks under heavy load pressing on them. (Sound is distorted as the test was done in small room and recorded with iPhone)

14 Likes

Nice, how are you applying a load? Disk brake?

At the moment just down pressure, but itā€™s enough to top up 60A batt amps on single esc

2 Likes

That must be putting a crazy amount of heat on wheel surface and bearings, looking forward to see what comes out of it

Sounds great!

Do the gears on the video have any lubrication?

Nope, this is old version, the first one. Itā€™s for reference when the new one will be made :wink:

1 Like

Will this drive be sticking with Flywheels over Kegals? At this point if the game Iā€™m seeing Kegal Wheels a bit more reliable than Flywheelsā€¦

Though , thereā€™s no 110 Kegals in existence and Iā€™m thinking that 110 is chosen because itā€™s the minimum wheel for ground clearance?