FatBoy Mini Urethane Gear Drive 1:(2.8, 2.6, 2.4)

Like what I said to you on a different messaging platform, no matter how high the clearance is people will find ways to scratch the gearbox. The point of having a skid plate is that when it accumulates enough beating from the ground, you can replace just that skid plate and not the entire gearbox shell itself.

Think about it this way, boosted sells skid plates that go around and protect the motor mounts. It’s less expensive to replace the skid plate than to replace the whole truck + motor mount.

You can sell it as an accessory, and if done right wouldn’t require modifications to existing drives.

Here’s a rough sketch of the idea

SmartSelect_20180906-164900_Samsung%20Notes

2 Likes

Here’s the same idea implemented by e-toxx on his drives.

4 Likes

@Kug3lis are the gear improvements being made also for the pneumatic version of the drive train?

As far as I know when I asked about this as well, the newer wheel gear is what will be used on all gear drives. But @kug3lis also says that between the 1:3 and the urethane drive, theyre quite different and parts aren’t compatible so I think thats the only thing that they will likely share in terms of gear upgrade

1 Like

Now i want something like this lol theres lots of bolts on the drive but I dont know how they would hold up to a bash guard between them.

Might need to get creative on how to mount it

Gonna take another shot at this but in case you guys are still interested in them precision hangars that work with SR baseplates :laughing:

@frenchy @Sender @deucesdown(?) @eboosted @Deckoz @Colson003(I know i just bought it off you but felt like it was worth a try lol) @Titoxd10001

Since the group buy for the FB230/FB240 hasn’t started maybe I could sway your interest over to SR style precision version of the FB230/FB240? :wink:

1 Like

I would… But my Evo has been perfect for months …hard to justify breaking perfection to rebuild it. As that would also mean I have to buy a new gear drive.

You see the DIY and time it took me to put together the last drive? :confused:

1 Like

I am still interested for sure, just don’t have a need for them at the moment. Just finished up two big builds and am tied up working on some ftiends’ builds for now.

2 Likes

Thats true can’t argue with that and I know I wouldn’t touch that build the way its already fine tuned and all.

Just wondered if you were still in the market by chance :grinning:

I’m good with psycho’s SR mounts. Ronin I would probably do multiple… But alas it probably is not to be. The Caliber ones will be fine for me.

1 Like

No worries! And those are 2 top notch builds at that :sunglasses:Just getting a feel for whoever was showing interest from the last time it was talked about.

All the best with those builds. Will be eyeing possible build logs for them :grin:

1 Like

Right right Dave’s mounts would be perfect already and no point in getting these then good on ya! :smile:

@Kug3lis any news on the GB for the FB230/240? :grin:

Well we still wait on parts for hangers but probably something by last weeks of September or etc :slight_smile: don’t really want to start something when most important stuff is not gathered :wink:

2 Likes

Understood! Just looking for an approximate date just to ensure I’ve got the funds ready for it :smile: all the best!

Looks good is this the one on the website?

Got my 2 FatBoy for my quad drive :smiley: IMG_20180915_161849 IMG_20180915_163021 IMG_20180915_163028

7 Likes

Omg thats going to be an insane build. What pack are you going to use with that? :joy: Are those FB230/240 hangars as well? they don’t look exactly like TB218s :thinking:

Yes 230FB hanger and caliber 2 base with riptide pivots, will use it with special ordered 6374 with custom kv(220) for high speed :smiley:

1 Like

Gonna be an insane build! What battery pack do you plan on using?