FatBoy Mini Drive Train 1:3

@Kug3lis sent you a pm bro…i wants these

1 Like

That right there is some next level shit, but you gotta take it further and do some helicals.

80mm will not fit as motor is already next to hanger. Also I don’t see a point of running 80mm motors, with decent 63mm you will not be able to handle this drivetrain as torque is massive…

@ATLesk8 I saw it, but I have no info yet regarding that topic.

@Naysh there is no point in making helicals, plus they are not good design choice… Axial loads will kill your motor and wheel bearings.

3 Likes

I wonder how loud they’ll be. motors seem to do fine with the Etoxx helicals. Why would it be any different here?

There is a lot of material on helical gears, I suggest to make some investigation first. I have a person who works on racing car transmissions design explain me why helical gears on this type of gear drive is really poor design choice. Double helical is whole different story. Like @mmaner said it is bit louder than belt drive because these uses a smaller module tooths so they mesh much better and honestly is not that loud :wink:

Part of investigation is asking questions from people who know more :grinning:

2 Likes

Hehe, that’s then you are lazy to search urself :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s 6:44 am by me lol

About how long till these are available for purchase??

First beta testers will be testing them in beginning of June if everything is fine then it will go on sale…

5 Likes

10 Likes

This looks amazing :blush:

Ideas on price?

1 Like

There will be tomorrow several units which were available to buy as testers ditched but those will be more expensive. After testers finish testing there will be group buy with price around 300€ (+ vat if from EU) + shipping

4 Likes

I know your larger drive works with Trampa Gummies, do you plan on making an adapter so these can work with Gummies as well??

No this is completely different design, different gear sizes and etc only for 107mm and later maybe different wheel hub styles

3 Likes

Aaawwwuhhhh yeahhhhhh

@Kug3lis is the man. Straight up, since you joined, I know the first month or so was interesting, but man, everything the community asks for you’ve turned into reality.

If the forum had an “DIY Esk8 Innovator of the Year” award, it would go to you. I know I’m not the only one that appreciated being able to order something, and stated timelnes match reality.

These gear drives are gonna be sweet.

13 Likes

Second that vote! What if there was an innovation competition?? Almost brings a tear to my eye to see what’s evolved in this amazing forum, some outright brilliant minds here. I only wish I had the means to contribute as much as some of these folks

1 Like

Yeah man… In 6 months he’s brought us

• single and dual 4.12 cases
  • single and dual focbox finned and finless
  • battery pcbs
  • antispark
  • five different gear drive designs
  • alternative AT hubs matching standard bolt placements
  • truck mounts for focbox cases

I’m sure there is more. But in 6 months that’s a hell of an accomplishment.

9 Likes

There been selling since like 2-3 years ago :smiley:

1 Like