FatBoy Mini Drive Train 1:3

Here is your principle (sorry mods that I broke rules but this shit is just getting annoyed, he doesn’t answer messages and just bashes here… ):

That’s your all communication after getting wheel hubs

I bet it does mate! There’s no doubt you have the ability to destroy them utterly.

But you have to bear in mind that these are not only a beta product, but even alpha will be beta, everything about the esk8 game is experimental. The VESC is classified as an experimental product.

This very forum is a beta business; the art of the build; the thrill of pushing yourself over the challenges encountered.

Why not instead challenge yourself to address the falling out bearing in the flywheel hub, instead of pushing that back on 3DServisas?

A few drives were made including yours to the same spec, @Deckoz has had success inferering that your own components led to the failure, now assuming that you drive was not a one-off I think the problem falls into your lap regardless of pre-sale conversation.

I say this looking over at the corner of the room at a 3Dservisas ATB 5:1 drive mounted onto some wobbly 9" wheels on a Trampa HolyPro which is waiting for the arrival of some Superstars from @trampa. It’s my problem. Maybe they will wobble when Superstars go on at which time I’ll talk to 3DServisas privately.

I don’t have this particular drive in the arsonry and don’t really intend to, as I’ve just mounted some pulleys from @dickieho for my 107s. With a Flywheel hub there is room for the bearing to fall out between the adapter and the wheel iteslf am I getting that right? Does @Deckoz’s guide not help? Why not shim the bearing if the wheels don’t hold them securely?

Anyway, choice appears to be

1. Thor’s hammer and photos - money back, dissapointment I think you’refeeling already to destroy something with potential that is very nicely machined.
  2. Send back at your coin to get same refund. No destruction, bit more expensive lesson.
  3. Fix it.

Edit: Just realised we’re talking about another product - Fatboy wheels, thread is here,maybe keep it on the same topic?

I did not notice a problem with bearings falling out, maybe the bearings are ever to slighly undersized. I would doubt you got a set with differrent tolerances tbh. No load should go on the bearings laterally, a bit of threadlock would probably do it. The end of the hanger and the nut should keep everything in the right place.

2 Likes

just talking about hubs dude, kugies above dialogue is in-complete…

2 Likes

Okay @moderators topic id is http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/55259 if he says its incomplete or I can invite 3rd party into talk so that they could take screenshots if according him I faked pictures :joy:

Is this complaint really about bearings not fitting perfectly into the hubs? Is that even possible? My trampa bearings fall out all the time. They’re held in place once the wheels are locked in with the axle nut. Why is this even an issue?

2 Likes

Same for me, I just glue them in my superhubs and I don’t see any problems for last 2k km…

1 Like

How’s the status in these?

One last “will these fit” question: can this fit on Calibers 2 using two 5065?

Two 5065 don’t even fit o. Caliber 2… 55mm max

1 Like

Ouff had my numbers mixed up meant dual 5055 my fault.

1 Like

I ride dual 5065 on 180 Ronins. But only because I machined the baseplate + use thiner Motormounts and use low profile nuts (with red Loctite).

Someone managed to extend the shaft by pulling the sandard one out and gluing in a extended one…

But either solution is not perfect

So will the new design still be 107mm specific?

@Deckoz, @b264 , @Yecrtz, @makevoid

How are the drives so far ? Are you guys noticing an increase in effiency? Range ?

Great,

I just did 2-3 rides as I’m very busy. More than increased efficiency/range it’s more that there is almost no gap in between when you give it throttle and when the board moves, same thing when braking. Also there’s not much drag, I could push the board quite well with a 1:3 reduction ratio. The only downside is that is a bit loud, but as @Kug3lis says, that helps to be noticed when you’re riding around town. But overall I like it a lot.

I mounted the motors facing backwards and I had to add washers because the axle of the motor was a bit too long and I didn’t want to trim it, so I needed to shave the trucks a bit but it was very quick with an angle grinder.

Overall I found it to be a very quick install, all the tolerances were great, I put some threadlocker on the outside to make the bearing not move inside the plastic housing as suggested above. I did some tests like hard acceleration and hard braking and everything is holding up so far. Haven’t reached max speed yet but I tried going at at high speed and I like a lot the response when braking. I’ll probably do a build thread soon when I’ll complete the build and manage to use them more.

11 Likes

Hey, nice to hear :slight_smile: Next time when you will ride come by my place you forgot your receiver :smiley: My board doesn’t work right now so I can’t come to you :smiley:

Mine is still kicking strong. No issues. I ride really hard, but haven’t really checked my milage. I haven’t felt the need to check the gears like I do belts either.

5 Likes

@Kug3lis is there a planned second batch of these any time soon? (my wallet needs a little warning lol)

1 Like

Yes, after we finish with currents jobs like cases drives and wheel-hubs we will continue working on this drive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys some news regarding FlyWheels 1:3 Gear Drive. There were some design changes and some new stuff happening with this drive.

A design was changed to a sealed aluminium housing with a choice to submerge gears in oil for silent operation. (Oil fill port, V-Ring included). Now fits 6374 motors on all angles thanks to included CNC machine 230mm Caliber II style hanger made out of 7075 Aluminium with Titanium axles. (Maybe would fit 6380 at some angles).

FatBoy 230 Hanger will be available to buy separately for those who want to use 6384 with wider belts (should work with all Calibre || style mounts)

27%20PM 33%20PM

Prices would be:

• FatBoy Mini Drive Train + FatBoy 230 Hanger would be 400€ (excl. VAT) + Shipping
  • FatBoy 230 Hanger 100€ (excl. VAT) + Shipping

Prices can be decreased if we could make a group buy…

Now several questions:

Would you be interested in buying one?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If there would be a group buy would you participate in buying it?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Depending on answers we will decide to make this or not, because on the standard TB218 hanger without sacrificing gear quality and running into clearance issues is not really possible to run bigger motors than 6355. It does not apply to all decks but most popular decks and angles will run into issues. We don’t want to release “working” product to the market.

1 Like

Do you have renders of the redesigned sealed drive?

1 Like

I think you should start a new thread regarding the group buy. Way easier to stay on track, and the poll will get more attention :grinning: