FatBoy Mini Drive Train 1:3

Let’s say it works both :wink:

well without anodizing, & kugies hubs the bearings fall out… just like my trampa hubs… trampa claims it is the anodizing that makes it happen… I spoke to kugy about this before purchase. In fact this was the reason I bought his hubs. Just know they are not press fit. They can be made press fit, Like every motor I have ever bought, his hubs are not, the tolerances are sloppy…

1 Like

As you havent talked that you didnt liked or etc, not even mentioned it. You could had wrote me down, I would had taken them back and returned the money but you didn’t did anything and now wrote that you tried to work out this and u haven’t had luck :slight_smile: @Moderators can look up my messages. Please move this discussion to its appropriate topic.

I agree with @Cobber , it’s common design practice to have the spinning side of a bearing to press fit, Loctite is mostly used together with a press fit or to save a piece that was made wrong, not to be used by design

4 Likes

@cobber I just talked with my father he said that when he shipped the wheel hubs for you none of bearing even fit into them without really hard press. Also he said if you don’t like it and want your money back, don’t even bother shipping them back just cut them in half or hammer them so they would not be usable and send pictures to prove it. We will return the money back. As shipping can be expensive for you. :wink:

Because the way you started this sounds a bit sketchy :slight_smile:

@Pedrodemio I agree with you :slight_smile: Next one will be shipped with bearings needed to be pressed in so they wouldn’t fall out.

2 Likes

I read somewhere that a guy recommended to use kapton tape if the bearing doesn’t sit flush in the seat. It also sounds a bit soft to me but it might work. Make one layer around the bearing and let us know if that worked.

1 Like

You ship me a precision cnc hub that is not precision, when notified of this you tell me it is not possible to machine the hub to have a press fit bearing and it is normal for the bearing to fall out of some of the hubs and for it to press fit others. Your solution for me was to glue the bearings in the hubs they fall out of…

And now you have the gall to call me sketchy :thinking: Projecting much?

2 Likes

My bearings fall in and out of my trampa hubs too. I think the only interference fit we get is plastic…even though it doesn’t seem right coming from our world’s(me cars, you moto) where everything is interference fit…

:confused:

1 Like

This is great improvement for me, the first version did not have enough clearance for the horrible roads in my area. 17mm is a decent amount of road clearance.

1 Like

Argh, stop throwing poo at eachother. Sandbox mentality. He offered you your money back. Call it a day.

1 Like

only once it was public… sandbox or now a global/it might impact me mentality? :thinking:

1 Like

Dude what? Do you want me to publish our messages or what? You didn’t mention at any point that you don’t like or that you want return it or anything else after 15 days you come to this thread which is completely irrelevant to your problem as there is separate hub topic. Sorry bro I don’t have mind reading capabilities…

Normal people write a message that they don’t like or etc and ask if they can return it.

4 Likes

I don’t see the reason to vendor bash here, why not take it out on the allegedly not fit for purpose drives with a hammer and get your money back @cobber…or does the hammer head ‘fly off the handle’ [sic]

1 Like

is that what the people want jaxxy?

I have a 10kg (22lb) sledge hammer I bounce off a tractor tire for shits and giggles… I’m confident I could use it like Thor’s hammer to destroy just about anything… :facepunch: :muscle:

Its not about the money for me, more the principle.

1 Like

@Kug3lis the FatBoy drives look fuckin sick man! When will they be up for sale again? I gotta start saving money! @Deckoz thanks for another informative posting about eskate mechanics. Looking forward to a rude video with these puppies!

1 Like

Hey @Hariboisawesome I’ll get a classic “Deckoz” video out with the GoPro and Premiere Pro in the next few days. But for now. Here’s a snippet of last night’s test ride with the screamer

I’ve posted thoughts and the like in my build thread “Master Evo” to keep this thread clean and on topic

4 Likes

I fuckin love the sound eskate motors make! “Skreeeeee!”

1 Like

Haha yeah… it’s that 13s 190kv sound… that first pull was from 7 to about 30mph up a hill full throttle lol quickly got overtaken by wind noise though

I can tell you that is not the sound of the motors. It’s 100% the gears that you hear. Etoxx drive makes exactly the same awesome noise haha

1 Like

Still what an awesome sound! It just sounds TOUGH