Exway X1 Pro (version 2?)

What are the specs of the out runner @sofu …is it a hobbywing built motor

It’s 12s @ 1:2.57 @ 200kv @ 85mm. 5255 motors with 4035 stator. I don’t know the OEM. Here are the raw numbers. This thing is quick!

3 Likes

12s 200 kv 5255… interesting there isn’t much 50 series motors that can handle 12s …love to know what kind of juice they can handle .Can you source the out runner motors also… Thanks again @sofu for the great info cheers

Nice, 5mm taller stator than the TorqueBoards 5055 maintaining the same size

Didd you rode both hubs and the Riot to compare?

Any motor can handle 12S

4 Likes

Yes riot is faster and feels better cause of full thane, but as of right now it’s still a prototype with printed pulleys and way too tight belt tension so it’s not fair to compare range. @neiru37 and I are drag racing them both against the V2 dual+ to compare top speed as well

4 Likes

I’m still a noob thank for clarifying…but when you go to maytec site and they say the 170kv 5065 is only good for 10s …or other site selling there motors usually specify the voltage rating …only one I’ve found is the racestar and Hoyt saying there 50** is 12 s capable.

What kills motors is too much current making them overheat, the insulation on the windings is probably good up to a couple hundred of volts

Of course, you put the motor to run at 30S it may explode because the forces will be to great, but 12S no problem

2 Likes

Filmed some drag races. Will post later tonight…

4 Likes

I dunno I’ve taken my board up to 77KPH on 107s and it’s not exactly low I have risers to fit my double stack battery and it’s super stable.

I actually plan on changing my gearing to try a top speed run, I should be able to achieve 88-89KPH let’s see how stable it is at those speeds :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The top I did was like 60kmh and I felt like fly on a board. Not planning to go faster. At least not on the street

1 Like

You better put pads on your pads

5 Likes

Here’s my review: http://www.electricskateboardhq.com/exway-x1-pro-review/

Here’s the drag race if you don’t wanna read: https://youtu.be/Yv_hsVFF8W0

8 Likes

Exway is coming STRONG after those Boosted sales. Good for Exway! Finally, we might hear another esk8 company taking a legitimate shot at those Boosted sales numbers. In all honesty, if I was lighter and getting out of the DIY game, I would be down for the Riot Pro. I hope with the introduction of Ewway, all companies start to step up their game. Also, I hope we start to get some of these cool technology implementations in the DIY community.

Next thing you know Exway is going to have an AT board!

4 Likes

Exway drag race and a few things found to be less than ideal with the prototype Riot setup he has.

Has Exway given any indication on what the riot setup will even cost ? Like it’s being talked up a lot but what if it turns out to be a $700 add on ? how many people will jump on that ? Seems kind of shifty to build up the hype for the X1 Pro based on Riot when no indication on price is given and the protoype that Daniel Kwan has seems to have a few issues still to be overcome.

That’s called marketing. It allows speculation to grow in communities which in turn increases awareness. It’s the equivalent of a shop having a coming soon poster on it’s window. This was also probably unintentional since according to press reset, the news about the pro was not suppose to be released until a bit later.

All the more reason they shouldn’t give a price until they have all of the final components down.

3 Likes

It’s not going to be 700… That’s ridiculous lol

Anyways here’s the mounting method. One machined keyway on the truck, two keyways on the inside edge of the mount. You can flip it front mount or rear mount. Then the mount is compressed with a big screw.

image image image

4 Likes

Very clever design

2 Likes

I need to invest in one, better then boosted in all four heats, crazy!

Except cells the one thing holding them back is cells , but that’s just a compromise for having such a slim deck.

This is one issue but I can’t see why you can’t slim down a graphene high c 10.000 mAh pack and slip it right in … when I get mine I’ll be doing something with the battery that’s for sure I’ve got lipos laying around. I’m getting one to just rip apart and play with I want the quick swap driveline set up in something else I have a plans for