Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Thanks Bru! Better like that.

2 Likes

Does anyone have the 2.53 zip for windows? Trying to get the settings from an old board before flashing 2.54. My google-fu wasn’t strong enough…

I should have it on my Google Drive : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1Tkd1QHlOFbEAlC2QA7JUT4-JOcN3nOSM

1 Like

thank you thank you thank you, but looking for windows not ubuntu. trying virtualbox…

Yes the app is from me as well. Do you use my firmware? And I am not familiar with that Bluetooth device. Is it a HM-10?

Holy shit after a ton of dicking around with virtualbox and vagrant, I got your ubuntu zip to work, and have pulled the settings as xml. Thank you thank you! :slight_smile:

Glad you got it working ! :slight_smile: Sorry, I should hav checked the OS version.

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m not sure this has come up before but i have tried to be up to date in most of these posts. Would somebody mind checking out this weird behaviour I get sometimes on watt reverse where only the master wheel turns backwards with a weird nose. Other times it just works normally.

Thanks

Hi! Big fan of your firmware @Ackmaniac! I was using it for past few months on 6S setup but just yesterday swapped it for 8S. I have changed all the according voltage ranges, redone the BLDC detection and went for a ride. The issues is when I want to accelerate hard I get a FAULT_CODE_DRV, but no additional details, and ESC cuts out. Please see attached screenshot of the log. Any suggestions? I run sensorless BLDC setup.

Thank for everything you do! :wink:

Screenshot_20180904-221139

Looks like your DRV has issues. Check for loose phase in wires connections. But in most cases your DRV doesn’t work 100% anymore and will break down soon. You can also try to do the motor detection again.

Thanks for the answer. Lowering max motor current from 50A down to 30A seems to help. Can it be that DRV is faulty in this case? Or is it maybe more related to some interference that’s stronger with higher voltage? Like I said, over 300km with 6S and it happens exactly when I swap for 8S. If DRV is faulty shouldn’t it also fail with 6S?

Hello, I can’t get the direction switch to work properly. I saw some solution but they aren’t working.

I set the erpm limit option on and using 3000 it but still the motors start going backwards without having to release the brakes. What can it be? I’m running without hall sensors. Can it be the reason?

I found the problem. This function doesn’t work in current mode only in Watt mode.

I using the moded 2.54

That’s correct

@Ackmaniac what firmware would you recommend I use for BLDC mode on HW4.12? I’m currently running stock FW2.18 which has been flawless but for the cc_ramp_step_max * 10 bug when saving settings.

From what I understand Vedder stopped giving BLDC mode implementation much attention after FW2.18. Thanks

I would suggest you use Ack’s 2.54 int he beginning, it’s an easy setup. If you want to later, upgrade to Ack’s 3.103.

2 Likes

Thanks @mmaner, I’ll give it a try this weekend.

1 Like

Don’t suppose anyone know where the Ack 3.103 firmware bin is? I can’t use the tool, plan is to program it with a st-link

Found it

version 3.103 which fixes a bug with for NRF remotes and adds support…

… for ADC remotes in combination with the Android App.

1 Like

Hi! I’ve been away from forum for some time. So I have problem with bluetooth/ackmaniac app. All was fine, data with telemetry been flawless. One day my app showed that it is connected, but no data, all was 0. I thought that my bluetooth module was broken. So I was rideing without module for quite long period of time. Then I bought new module, that cheap one HM-10 or something. Same as I had before. I’m using escape controller. So same thing with new bluetooth module. App can find it, connect to it, but no data coming, also if I try in app to press on modes it shows that esc is not connected, while it still shows that it is connected on top right corner. I have firmware 3.101, but maybe before I had different and that’s why it is not working anymore…maybe?? Maybe need to try some advancer module, any suggestions??

1 Like