Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Just had a close look and the 70% Battery % parameter issue is fixed in version 1.59 which i released a minute ago. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I’m attempting to flash a Maytech 50a that currently has 2.18 with your (awesome) 2.54. Im on WIndows 10 using the BLDC tool for 2.54. When i plug in the VESC, I get the wrong firmware error and then go to the firmware tab, select the “VESC_Ackmaniac_Mod_2_54.bin” file and select upload. The upload completes and I get “FW Upload Done” message and the VESC disconnects. When I try and re-connect, no VESC is detected. If i power cycle the VESC and then pplug it back in, it reverts to 2.18. Any idea what is happening and how I can get 2.54 on the VESC? (it’s vesion 4.12)

Thanks!

@Snow4us no bootloader in maytech vesc

Damn, so I couldn’t even flash my other Maytech down to 2.18? That’s a huge bummer.

I have a UART Cable, could this be used to connect to the Maytech?

I think i’m confused is a “bootloader” software? If so, is there any way to flash a bootloader onto a Maytech VESC?

By using the new vesc-tool , you can flash the missing bootloader to your maytech vesc… And then you can fw updated, to what ever fw you like. .

well if this works, then you should be fine. however, if it doesnt work, you need this thing here and flash it manualy https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01F37YMJ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am only able to find guides using the tool you have linked. Not able to find i fo on flashing the bootloader from the BLDC tool…

Download VESC Tool instead and upload bootloader from it.

1 Like

That is amazing! Well done

@Ackmaniac can you post the apk please

A couple questions/concerns:

1. I just started using the watt mode and feels exactly the same as the current control mode.

2. Sometimes when I ride at full throttle for a while my throttle cuts out, this could be due to voltage sag, however I never had this issue before I started using watt mode and my voltage limits are the same.

3. Is it necessary to buy a separate bluetooth module to use the Android app?

1. If you have battery max and motor max at more or less the same values then it will feel very similar. When motor max is higher than batter may then you feel the difference. So if you would show a screenshot of your settings it would be helpful.

2. Don’t think that voltage sag causes that, because it would ramp the power down instead f instant loss. I guess your remote looses connection which will lead to instant power loss.

3. Yes you need a HM-10 bluetooth module.

@ackmaniac are you going to support the latest VESC Tool software? I really miss the possibility to change current limits via HM10 bluetooth device for HW4.12

I just released already the mod for vesc-tool

I uploaded your v2.54 version via the v0.86 bldc tool but it requests to upload a new firmware in order to continue.

Is there a different FW version for VESC Tool v0.86?

@Eboosted 2.54 is BLDC tool

Vesc tool firmwares will be 3.xx

See here

Thanks pal!

I don’t know how I missed that!

1 Like

I just downloaded the new vesc tool via ackmaniacs Dropbox link and updated my firmware. Is there any way to swap between FOC and BLDC via app? Can’t find it