Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

sure - but the question was related to the app and without the app connected there is no way for it to know when and how far you have ridden.

Quick question. I am going to try this firmware out and need to load the firmware to both of my vescs. I have them connected with the canbus cable and the cable is held in with some hot glue on each connector. Is it alright to leave the canbus cable connected while updating the firmware? Or is it possible to upload the firmware to the slave through the canbus? I tried looking through the thread but had no luck finding an answer.

Just flash the firmware on each VESC individually

Alright, will do. Is it ok to leave the canbus cable between the two vescs connected while uploading the firmware? I just want to be sure I don’t cause any damage to the vescs.

You can also upload the firmware via the canbus. After the flash be aware that the controllerid of the slave is 0 again. So you need to connect via can to 0.

1 Like

Its probably up there somewhere in the thread but couldnt find it so asking In Watt mode - Is the reverse delivering the same speed / power as going forward?

The power will be linear for reverse, and however you set it for forward. but they should be pretty close. they have the same start/ending points on the power vs throttle graph.

1 Like

@Ackmaniac is there any new hope of an iPhone vesc monitor app?

The power will be the same but you can limit speed with negative erpm about -12k for me. Remember to uncheck apply brake to limit erpm

@MrHappy @Titoxd10001 All right, thanks guys!

One more thing, I wonder in a scenario where if I slide - And end up in a switch position. Would the board go into reverse on brake or would it brake?

edit: Brake not break :joy:

I think it will brake not sure. Also make sure to check the box that says minimum erpm for direction switch in the ppm tab.

Yeah I kept it on 4k RPM, Didnt get to test it much as the weather here let me down.

1 Like

you should test that. but do it with a helmet.

I could do a safe test, by hand rolling it backwards and brake.

If you are faster backwards than the min ERPM for Braking value then it doesn’t brake. So if the value is at 4000 ERPM (with most gearings roughly 4 km/h) and you are faster backwards than 4000 ERPM (correct would be -4000 ERPM) then it will not brake. I did this especially for this kind of tricks.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

@Ackmaniac if you select watt mode braking no reverse but forget to check the box to limit watts to the motors are you still in watt mode (just with no limit) or do you just stay in current mode?

watt mode but no limit. I don’t use a watt limiter.

@Ackmaniac What do you recommend for the GT2B? Ive messed around with the throttle curve for about and when I hit 63% of my throttle, I hit top speed. 37% of my trigger is unusable! This was a problem with the standard BLDC Tool but I was hoping to fix it with your firmware

You do not control the speed with the throttle. You control the power. It’s the same as in a car.