Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

that was a really hard task of coding:

1. Power your board
  2. Run Ack´s app
  3. Enjoy status over smartwatch

:monkey:

2 Likes

Haha. I call that a lucky one. It wasn’t my intention to show the notifications on the Smartwatches. But good to know that it works. So i think i should extend the info a bit. For example the distance and time.

3 Likes

I´d love to have the speed there! Also what I missed yesterday was the km i´ve ridden. Did i drink to much or is the app not showing the trip distance?

@ackmaniac are you planning to add motor detection funcionalitity in the future?

pretty sure its in there isnt it?

1 Like

I’m sorry, I made the wrong question.

Are you planning to add motor detection functionality via HM-10 Bluetooth module on order to be performed by an android app?

Can you add the ability to configure what shows up in notifications, motor amps, batt amps, etc If you could also add the ability to change modes from notifications and have it work on Android Wear that would be awesome :grinning:

I will donate if you can help me get my first vesc running with my controller. My remote seems to be all or nothing, no feathering of speed in trigger… and when I change any of the ERPM’s speed is always the same I have the Alien Power system remote.

Can we do a screen share in skype and you walk me through it? PLEASE :slight_smile:

Has anyone tried to use the bldc tool with the APS dual esc?

…I think you’re a little off topic, and I have no idea how that could work. The VESC and BLDC-tool use their own parameters and communication protocols that are entirely different than any other ESC that I’m aware of.

Keep in mind that you have to have a load on the board to see the acceleration accurately.

1 Like

Mmaner is 100% right. When I first pulled the trigger on the bench and even today on the bench it just goes one speed. When it’s loaded it behaves properly. Did you set up the remote using the wizard? Have you tried standing on it yet? Give a slight push and feather in the throttle. If you are new to esk8 be careful these things can pull harder then you think. I tested mine in my driveway and pointed the board toward a wooden fence just in case. All went well. Watt control is absolute control through the throttle range.

Good luck.

Is there any way the android app would be able to monitor the total miles that you have ridden on your board? Like a lifetime odometer?

The app does tally board miles. Click on the pencil Icon, and select board info. I’m at 260 miles since installing the app. Ken

1 Like

@Ackmaniac we need km! :grin:

1 Like

Does it only count the miles when the board is connected to the phone?

how else is it supposed to count?

I don’t believe there’s any on board memory to store anything.

Yes it only count’s when it is connected. Thought already about the a possibility to store the data if you connect only at the end of your ride. But that would require new firmware changes. So at the moment it only tracks the miles or kilometers while the app is connected.

It would be awesome to just plug an SD card that loop datalog all channels. It’s doesn’t seem to be a bad idea.

I een ha the idea to mount a dashcam on my board that records everything since I turn it on.