Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

The braking on my Nano v2 is SUPER sensitive, I know this is the remote since my Benchwheel remote didn’t have this problem. I’d like to use throttle curve to adjust this, but had a question.

If I wanted to reduce the braking power at X throttle I’d assume I’d have to make the curve go above the default linear line right? Like so…

That is correct.

1 Like

Holly molly …this is the first time I am trying to play with EXTENDED BLDC TOOL on my mac and it works perfect !! …One question @Ackmaniac from your experience what would be the best THROTTLE CURVE settings for mini remote ?

I can recommend to start with these settings and then it is up to your taste.

Is there a guide for the setup? and is this the components i need?

and

What do you want these components for ? If it’s for using the app, use the one recommended by Acmaniac himself :

1 Like

Anyone else who uses this BLDC-Tool on a mac, do you have issues with the application crashing when you have to reboot the VESC?

I believe I had that issue. I just re-connected, and all was good. Ken

Yes indeed, gave me quite the scare when i first flashed the fw. Thought i bricked the vesc.

Yeah. I’ve had the issue for a while (things randomly crashing don’t usually phase me…), I was just curious if it was just my system or the entire mac build. Sounds like it’s an issue with the program interacting with the mac and not just my machine.

@Ackmaniac, I can send you some debug information about this crash. I can reproduce it on demand, just so you know. I believe it may be related to the mac app trying to access the port after it’s no longer available (since the VESC has rebooted and not reconnected yet or the VESC has powered off)

@Ackmaniac this is great! Donation made!

I hope you can help me out with some settings cause I’m kinda scared I created an uncontrollable rocket (I’m not that fast and not the best at a human powered skateboard).

I already put it in Sensored mode so it won’t go super fast. But I would like it to be in newbie mode if possible. I’ve seen the Soft RPM limit but not sure what to fill in. Adjusted the acceleration throttle curve to match the number you posted a few posts back. But is it possible to get it a bit more like the starter mode from the boosted board.

Would love to have a no broken bones first ride, so hope you can help me out hehe.

Just post Screenshots of you Motor Tab. Then i can give the best advice’s. Or send be Screenshots of all your setting via PM. Then i can tell you my 2 cents.

@Ackmaniac. I keep getting these faults, which I haven’t gotten with version 2.53. Do you know what the fault could be?

Checked the cables and everything. I run a dual unsensored setup. Edit: Just saw that my Motor Max is at 120A, changed that to 70A. Hope that changes it.

To set the motor max lower should fix the issue. With 120 Motor amps you are very close to the Absolute max of 130. This is also the value that exceeded. The reason is that the VESC always trys to adjust itself to achieve the wanted amps. So it can happen that it overshoots a little bit. So it is always good to have enough wiggle room to the Absolute max limit.

2 Likes

When there is weight on the board it works good. Will try it for now cause it feels very smooth. Thanks again for the extended BLDC tool!

1 Like

I just want to drop some love :heart_eyes: here. I have been using this firmware for a couple weeks now and its sooo awesome! My most favorite feature is that you can set the end points (& mid point) for the PPM signal. Before I could not get all the travel for my brake on a GT2B remote. If you pulled the brake all the way the vesc would stop breaking, its actually dangerous. :scream:

Every feature in BLDC tool has a mouse over info tip which is so nice to have. The watt mode gives much more linear control at high speed. On top of all that adjustable throttle curves. Its only missing one thing, an icon. :blush:

It took me a while to get on board as I have maytech vesc without a boot loader. So had to get a programmer and make up cable. The first time I put on the boot loader it was scary as I didnt want to brick it, but its actually really simple. There was just no clear concise instructions on how to do it, just bits of information here and there.

2 Likes

Flashing my 4.12 from FW version 2.18 to 2.54 throws an unknown error with your tool. Any advice on resolving this?

Do you have a Maytech VESC? And when does this error appear? And for flashing you can also use the old BLDC-Tool if a bootloader is installed.

@Ackmaniac himself! Thanks for the help.

I believe it’s a Vedder original. It says “VESC 4.12 Benjamin Vedder” next to the uC. Not sure of it’s origin.

Error message appears after clicking “Upload” and the progress bar reaches 100%. I then lose connection to the VESC until I power cycle.

And does it tell that the Firmware is too old the next time you connect to the VESC?