Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Just simply reboot by powering the VESC off and on again. It’s the same. But just wait 5 seconds in between.

OK. I thought I had everything configured correctly, but my remote isn’t making the wheels turn

Did you setup the correct application. i guess you need to choose PPM in the App configuration Gnernal Tab.

Yes, that was my issue. Now I’m trying to figure out how to detect the second motor in BLDC mode. I have all boxes checked for multiple ESC’s over CAN… Figured it out…it was the CAN FWD box to get to motor #2.

You have to be aware that you also need to flash the slave vesc with the firmware.

I got it all sorted out, and thanks for your help! I’m not sure what was happening, but for some reason, the remote wouldn’t work, or one wheel wouldn’t turn. I had to keep disconnecting and reconnecting everything from time to time, and all is good. Now I just need to figure out which remote to use with the CC. Thanks again! Ken

Hey i connected my ArduBoardController (Nunchuck with Oled) and i get wrong values. For example is my battery voltage x 10 for example the real voltage is 31V but after flashing your firmware my oled shows 310V?! :smiley:

PS: Its no problem for me i just divided the VESCinput voltage in the libarie by 10^^. If you are interested to fix this ^^

PPS: sry for my english im german :smile:

Do you know of a place in Europe where you can repair a fault DRV chip?

I’ve send mine to Lucas at LP-Electronics in Germany. However its been almost 3 weeks since it has arrived there. I have not gotten any updates or replies when asking about the current situation… So I can’t really advise you to sent it there yet. :confused:

I had several times personal contact with Lukas. He is a kind and skilled dude. His Equipment is excellent :heart_eyes: (i was at his Office).

I would definitivly recommend him!

Same here. No response from Him. Over 2 weeks here.

Hey, I’m currently using a steez remote. Is it somehow possible to change the riding modes via remote? I’m from Germany as well and especially interested in the “police” mode :wink: regards

In theory it would be possible. First i switched the mode when i press the brake for 3 seconds fully. Problem is that it would be necessary to store the other modes on the VESC as well. And change the BLDC-Tool to have the possibility to setup different modes. That all is possible but i think it’s much easier via the app. Cool would be a remote with display where i can change the modes.

Yeah, right. A smartphone/remote combination would be nice :wink:

It took me a while to get all of this done, as I had my VESCX’s configured wrong, which was causing all of my above issues. I had both VESCX’s set at 0, instead of 0 and 1.

The throttle curve works splendidly, and I originally set it up like the pic below. Acceleration used to be twitchy, and now it’s very smooth. I hated the braking on the settings below, and have since changed it back to the standard linear setting. I don’t feel a need to change the brakes at this time.

Thanks for building this BLDC tool…I sent some dollars you way today! Now if somebody could just build the APP for my iPhone…

amazing work !!! I do have some HC-05 modules lying around but I guess they won’t work… certainly gonna give it a try especially because centering the PPM is a PITA on Vedder’s BLDC tool.

so i just tried flashing my vesc (4.12 @fw 2.18) with this firmware and it just keeps the 2.18 one.

guess i am missing a bootloader right?

yep you do. For instructions go here:

1 Like

ok thx, i’ve seen that link allready, just missing my programmer ^^

Hello! I was wondering if I could use your mod to adjust my failsafe? My remote does not include one and I do not want to ride if it puts me in danger (well… more than normal :wink:)

also, could you please include a download link for this mod?

Thanks!!!