Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Hi @Ackmaniac, Congratulation for your work, it’s a great improvement of the original software. Have you plan to shared your code on GitHub ? Maybe some of us, can help you improving your soft, your firmware and even more with a iOS app. Github let you decide which modification you want to include, so you’ll not loose the control of your work.

I have this VESC.

when I connect to the esc via the extended bldc too it says I have an old version (2.18) but can update via the firmware tab. When I do that, the green bar goes to the end and it says firmware update complete and the vesc disconnects. I then have to power it off and on again, but when reconnecting it shows the same message, that I have an old version. It appears the firmware upgrade process didn’t do anyting.

is there a fix for that?

1 Like

Guys can someone explain to me …if I had first used Extended BLDC tool on WINDOWS to set my VESC …can I use BLDC app on MAC OSX as well and it will detect my vesc or it wont recognize the vesc settings ??

I connected my Bluetooth module and it will not connect to my phone says pairing rejected. So I have a 10s3p with 25r Samsung’s also a polar 6374 190kv motor I set up watt control and this motor spins entirely too fast I set it up for 750 watts too. Is this normal? I’m used to standard bedder settings and it’s the first time using BLDC.

@Alan_Smithee When the update is complete then the VESC automatically starts again. It takes around 10 seconds to come alive again. So please don’t power it off and on again. Just wait.

@NAF yes it will work on windows and OSX

@Plumb77 Please write me in a PM what you think is wrong and add Screenshots of all the motor settings and also the PPM tab. But i guess you have the wrong PPM Pulsewidth settings, So please use the setup wizard for the Pulsewidth adjustment.

@E-Boarding please try the new Version of the app in my Dropbox link. Maybe that solves your problem.

1 Like

@Alan_Smithee: E-greenmotion are rebranded Maytech VESC’s and they don’t come with a bootloader unfortunately.

1 Like

If I adjust the throttle/brake curve on the master vesc, do I need to send that to the slave vesc at all? I am having a problem where no matter how soft I set the curve my brakes will almost lock up when I press the brake down to ~30% or so and cause the belt to skip.

I’m not feeling very confident when I ride and I’m not having much fun :frowning:

What remote are you using?

You should calibrate your remote via PPM settings on BLDC tool, have you done that?

1 Like

Sorry, I thought about that as I was writing, but totally forgot when I posted.

I have a Raptor 1 with the Nano-X controller. I thought I had my controller calibrated pretty well, but I suppose I can play around with that setting. Thanks for the suggestion!

There’s way too many posts for me to follow this properly, but I have a few questions: Will this BLDC tool work with the Enertion VESC-X? If so, where do I find the Firmware to update the VESCX? I’m using a MAC, and I did find the BLDC-TOOL for MAC, but not the firmware update. Thanks!

@PetreyTee If you still have the same issues after recalibrating ,hit me up, I might know what’s going on and how to fix it

@Ken Everything you are looking for is in the first post

1 Like

Recalibrating the remote seems to have worked. I made it so that it doesn’t go all the way down to zero when the brake is fully depressed. That way I have a gentle brake until I really need it.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This is awesome. Would this work on dual on splitter? Or only on canbus?

Just rode few km with my new board noticed that my brakes are way too powerfull. It’s very scary to brake at hi speed. What would be best way yo soften that brake? I’m using nano-x remote, my motor min is 30A and i haven’t touch braking curve.

Did you adjust the ppm settings?

No i didn’t. I just made that “auto wizard” and used those values.

Any idea what are good values? I would like very soft throttle and brakes in both modes.

Here is a throttle curve that should give you smooth acceleration / brakes:

3 Likes

So i don’t have to change PPM values? Only throttle curve.

Make sure your PPM value are also set correctly, yes.

1 Like