EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Because it cuts Power completely when it goes above that erpm. Its better to limit it in the app settings. Or you can try the new Firmware which has only the Motor erpm limit and ramps that smoothly.

Does anybody know what I can do with a Hi-DPI Display? ESC-tool looks like this on my new computer:

There is a UI scale option in the last section on the left (ACKMANIACā€¦)

2 Likes

thanks - however, even at the smallest value of 1,0 the letters in the left column are still clipped. The rest is usable though so only a cosmetic issue :thumbsup:

Hey guys, nooby question,

Scratch that, decided to just go for it and upload the ā€˜VESC_Default.binā€™ to get V3.100.

Soā€¦ whatā€™s the difference between 3.100 and 3.28?

Thanks,

Youssef

Right click on the program and go into compatability and launch it in low res. mode

Will this run on Macs?

Yes thereā€™s an osx version in the folder. However it suffers from the same bug as his old tool where it crashes if the vesc reboots.

So does that kill the focbox?

no you just have to force close and reopen the app

Do you need to buy a separate bluetooth module to use the Android App?

Hello @ackmaniac I wonder if you will work on a firmware to be uploaded via the latest VESC tool, or if you would use the latest current mode firmware to develop a newer version on Watt Mode.

Do you think the latest Vedder firmware has some improvements over the one developed in this thread?

Donā€™t know what you mean exactly. The Ackmaniac ESC-Tool firmware files are based on the official firmware (3.29) with the changes i mentioned in the first post of this thread. Current control in this firmware works more or less the same as watt control in my previous firmware mod.

anyone else running into an issue on the Mac where the app hangs during FOC motor detection? Clicking on RL spins the motor a bit and buzzes it. Then I get the Mac Beachball pops up, and it hangs there until I force quit. Is this a known issue, @Ackmaniac?

Ackmaniac, what can cause drv error message. Didnā€™t notice anything while riding, wasnā€™t riding to hard and everything seems to be working fine now. Running dual focbox, 6355, 12s

1 Like

This thread looks relevant:

Appears you have a really high negative current which I think indicates you used the brakes somewhat hard at some point and it peaked over some absolute max value. Probably nothing to worry about you can set your absolute max higher to avoid the error I think but I donā€™t think itā€™s really a problem so long as the battery and motor max are set at limits that keep those components safe, the absolute max seems to just be a catch all.

1 Like

DRV errors are never good. Usually they happen a couple of times again and then your drive gets fried. The over current fault that you get us another story. Sadly in you screenshot the details of that error are not visible. Just tell us your motor, battery and absolue max. And if you gut the DRV error in FOC you can try to raise the switching frequency to 30000 and hope that it is gone.

1 Like

My settings per focbox are Motor:100aā€¦ -50a Battery:40aā€¦ -12a Absolute should be default 130a

Running bldc. Battery is 12s4p 25r. Could it be to much regen no where to go? Getting 12s5p 30q soon. Think Iā€™ve been getting abs fault need to start monitoring more frequently

ItĀ“s still a thing that some Vesc based ESCs donĀ“t like 12s over time and simply shut down.

Maybe some escā€™s but the FOC box handles 12S like a champ.

1 Like