EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

My Bluetooth module is connected to my slave Focbox. I can read the settings (speed, amps,volts, etc) fine from the ESC monitor Android app. But whenever I try to write settings (motor max, motor min, etc.) nothing happens. The same happens on the ios apps. Writing doesn’t seem possible. Is there some setting I’m overlooking?

Anyone any thoughts on this?

Edit: 1 out of 10 times the ios app does write succesfully. But when I read the settings on PC I see that only one ESC got updated with the new settings.

Edit 2: there is a can forward function in the ios app so seems logical, still only works 1 outta 10 times 0 outta 10 times with the ESC monitor android app (connect by CAN to ID = 0 which is the master on the ESC monitor android app is checked)

I don’t have a ios app so I guess you are talking about the app of someone else.

I think you skimmed my post too fast :stuck_out_tongue: it happens on your ESC monitor android app (reading fine but no writing). As additional info I tell that the iOS app (eskate vesc) doesn’t work good either (reading is fine, writing works 1 outta 10 times). The problem I have isn’t necessarily located in your app but seems to be somewhere else.

I’m on version 3.102 on the FOC boxes.

And I’ve seen posts about adding support for writing from slave yesterday but that was from a loooong time ago.

Edit: Could it be that the reading goes over different wires than the writing? On visual inspection my Bluetooth module wires seem fine though.

Edit 2: As suggested by emmaanuel I will be looking into a better Bluetooth module.

Edit 3: I just waterpoof closed my box with hot glue and ducktape, so I’ll be looking onto writing from Bluetooth again the next time my board needs maintenance or my new receiver from aliexpress arrives. Thanks a bunch!

Make sure you are connected to the master when you try to write and writing only works with ppm, nrf or nunchuk remotes. Not adc.

2 Likes

Tnx for the help! I decided to order the Metr pro module to have more control at my finger tips. I have the Photon remote connected to my master and like to keep it that way. If this won’t work in the end I Will switch back to a ppm remote and switch the photon remote to a different board.

In the meantime I’m trying to set my max motor temp to 125C.

It won’t let me input something higher than 120 at the end. Am I missing something?

Any ideas why my ackmaniac doesn’t work with my enertion dual vesc? It is being recognized and able to pair, but once it pairs there is no battery data shown. Perhaps i need to split them and wire them like two individual vescs, im guessing the capacitor junction/area is where my issue is, but not sure Screenshot_20190102-175750

20190102_175850

sometimes you need to do a reconnect, try it.

Did, no change.

I just released a new version 3.103 It enables the possibility to change modes for ADC remotes via the app and fixes a little bug when you use NRF remotes. It’s only a little change and if you don’t use nrf or adc remotes then you don’t need to update.

1 Like

Please check that rx at the module is connected to tx at the vesc and vice versa. And also connect VCC to the 5V pin of the VESC. Then you need to set the baudrate of 9600 at the VESC.

1 Like

I can’t get the tool working either. I’ve checked the connections to make sure are correct as give here:

The only thing that was different was the VCC that was connected to the VCC and now 5V. I’ve now changed that.

In the ESC tool in Windows I’ve changed the baud rate to 9600 but still no luck. This is what I keep getting:

I’ve updated the firmware too. Any help would be appreciated. I’m stuck using the standard vesc android tool, which isn’t great.

I’ve got the trampa BLE module. I think that’s the reason…

I am trying to get ackmaniac monitor to work but I am unsuccessful with both of my boards. One has a Metr Pro module with Focboxes and 3.40fw and the other the Trampa module with Vesc6 and 3.40fw. Both work with the android version of the VESC tool and of course the Metr Pro also with the metr app.

1 Like

Yes, these modules are different and only work with their own app.

Both of these modules don’t work. Don’t know why the metr pro doesn’t?

1 Like

This is fantastic, do not hesitate to install the firmware! I used the latest OSX build to install it on both FOCBOXes in my LaCroix. The process was painless aside from I forgot to turn on UART again after flashing and completing motor/input configs :slight_smile: so I lost my bluetooth connection for a minute until I figured that out and re-enabled UART. Its a huge improvement over the stock throttle controls which were… downright terrifying as a relative newcomer to eSkates.

2 Likes

Tool with firmware 3.103 for Linux available here

2 Likes

Would this firmware work on the unity?

No. There is no support for the second motor in my firmware mod.

1 Like

after i have updated to 3.103 now both of my vescs BLE is not working on both of them.