EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Hey how do you set it to get smooth brakes? You raise it or you lower it?

Lower than default, Iā€™m on 140kv motors though. I think each motor will behave different.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I got pretty low KV overall on my motors, 75kv and 85kv hubs and a pair of 170kv so should have kinda similar effects !

Did you ever find a solution? I am running into the same issue. I get realtime data intermittently, it was working perfect until the last few updates.

Sorry, Iā€™m really late to the party. Can I use Ackmaniac FW on Flipsky 4.20 dual? I like being able to use forward and reverse with brake, and this firmware seems to be the master of that functionality.

Should I just stick to the default or go with this instead? Oh yeah, running 10S BLDC of course.

Use Ackmaniac definitelly, there are no consā€¦ ANd with the safety brake future and all other stuff, there is no debate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, now I just need to read 700 posts.

lol why? what do you need to know?

lol, just where to download, settings to lookout for etc. I got the jist of it, just donā€™t want to go to the hospital for being lazy and not reading up :stuck_out_tongue:

Am I correct in that bluetooth modules donā€™t work with the 4.20?

1 Like

ANd I was having troubles finding the firmwareā€¦ is this the first time setting up vesc based esc for you?

Blutooth modules work fine with 4.2, itā€™s just some phones and android versions donā€™t wanna work with the module

No, I set it up using the free vedder ESC. Not being cheap, just cautious. I got through my first setup and it works fine, just wanted to start playing with the +es

I can send you the ackmaniac firmware file If you give me your email.

I am currently using the Vedderā€™s VESC Tool 0.95. I downloaded Ackmaniac ESC-Tool now as I have issues with the bluetooth connection using the original firmware. What is the process to change the VESC firmware to Ackmaniac custom one?

Boot Ackmaniacā€™s ESC tool, connect to the vesc, go to the firmware tab, make sure correct version is selected and hit upload, done :ok_hand:

Thanks! Will this override my current vesc settings?

Yes. You can export your current settings and import them after updating I think.

Is there a way to change between UART and PPM input from the Android monitoring app?

Would be great so I can switch between my 2 remotes on the fly! Maybe a feature request?

@Ackmaniac

@Ackmaniac Any chance for an updated fw with bluetooth connection support? Just to be able to change settings with the Metr pro wihout plugging in that usb wire. I know vesctool 3.4 support this =)

1 Like