EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

I work already on the integration. Maybe i find the time to test it over the weekend.

1 Like

So I have never used the watt limits. To do this, I canā€™t just click it in the app right? Because I have to do it for each motor? Or can I try it in the app without opening up my enclosure and reprogramming both Vescs? I am sure this is covered somewhere, but I am having trouble hunting it down.

1 Like

If you set it up as instructed, you can create a ā€œmodeā€ in ā€œModes Setupā€ that includes the app mode aka watt/wattNoRevBrake/current/etc.

You can save that mode, and switch to it on the fly. If the canbus stuff is set up properly itā€™ll change on both master and slave vesc. You can long press on the top left box and itā€™ll offer to make the current mode the default (persists across reboots).

This probably belongs in the other thread (https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-monitor-android-app/20888)

2 Likes

Moreover if you want to check what @deucesdown said you can always connect to the VESC through the app with a TCP connection. Both computer and phone has to be on the same wifi. I find the Hotspot from the phone more stable for this connection. Board as close as possible. In this way you can use the vesc tool without open the enclosure

1 Like

Is this both Vesc-Tool and BLDC-Tool (ackmaniac version)? Or Vesc-tool only?

I bet VESC tool only and only the Ackmaniac VESC tool version

Is it possible to limit speed and acceleration through the APP by making a new mode? I want to be able change to a mode on the fly that a beginner can use or someone who wants to try and ā€œget the feelā€ of an electric skateboard.

1 Like

Yes of course. Just simply limit the top speed and the motor current for less acceleration. And you can also limit the watts.

What does the colour orange on ā€œVoltageā€ mean?

That the voltage is below the battery cutoff start. So the vesc limits already the power output. When the battery cutoff end is reached the color turns red.

I ran out of power on my 12s pack

1. swapped it out with a 10s pack
  2. powered board on
  3. changed battery setup in Android APP to 10s
  4. powered board off
  5. closed app
  6. powered board on
  7. opened app

and ā€œVoltageā€ is in orange, motors will spin but a lot of stuttering (not ā€œride-ableā€).

Is there a proper way of doing this?

Is the 10s pack charged above the cutoff limit? Did you change the cutoff limit in the config to match 10s?

2 Likes

@mmaner is right. The cutoff settings need to be changed which the app doesnā€™t do.

1 Like

Yeah. I changed it in the Ack-ESC tool and the 10s pack worked. Lesson learned: The best and simplest way to do battery swaps is to have the same battery configuration for both packs. Orā€¦ Iā€™m curious though, what are the consequences of leaving cut-off start/end at the default 10 and 8?

1 Like

@Ackmaniac any progress on mode change for adc?

1 Like

@Ackmaniac a small clarification needed, i am working with a focbox flashed by your latest firmware 3.102 and still canā€™t write to the focbox using the old Metr.at module. From reading here i understood that flashing with version 3.101 or 3.100 should fix that but since i am using a mac and it is hard to find mac compatible complied builds for those versions i want to use the latest 3.102 version UI just with the default.bin file i downloaded from you Github repo looking on the commit history of that folder (here)

Am I right thinking it should work?

Iā€™m having some firmware issues with this program. Trying to set up dual ESCapes over CanBus. Setting up each ESC separately first, with CanBus cable disconnected. In regards to firmware, the ESCā€™s each connect with no firmware update warnings and I can go through and make all relevant settings, however when I then connect CanBus and try to select ā€œCan Forwardā€ I get an incompatible firmware warning. When I go into the firmware tab for each ESC, when they are connected, I only have the option of ā€œ60ā€ in the hardware tab, however, when none of the ESCā€™s are connected, the firmware hardware tab shows a number of firmware versions. WTF?? Here is a pic of the firmware tab with no ESC connected. ACK_Firmware1

Here is what it looks like when I have an ESC connected. ACK_Firmware2

When I go to read the firmware on the ESC, this is what it is showing me. ACK_Firmware3

Anyone able to shed some light on this for me??

Crazy part is that I can run the board with the current setup, over CanBus - got me fucked how or whyā€¦

This problem may occur when both vescs have the same controller id. Check if they do. Name one zero and one one and then connect the vesc zero and then can forward to one to connect to one.

Thanks. Unfortunately, Iā€™ve already done that and still no difference.

1 Like