EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Ok cool. Make sure the master is set to PPM and Uart (if the BT module is hooked up to the master). Then make sure the baud rate is set to 9600.

1 Like

You are the man. I will go ahead and do that once I get home. I didnā€™t know there were more steps to it! I appreciate it guys.

1 Like

You can try it with my firmware mod. Currently the app doesnā€™t support the latest official firmwares.

It was just my lack of knowledge. Had to get help from a friend to reprogram vesc app settings.
Up and running again Thanks again for all the support guys. I appreciate it :+1:t3:

2 Likes

has anyone tried using the Ackimaniac firmware on the Flipsky Dual FSESC4.20 100A?

2 Likes

I will be flashing it when mine arrives. Should be shipping in the next 24-48 hours. I had no issues flashing the 6.6 once I installed the bootloader

3 Likes

I was wondering the same thing about the firmware. I wish these came with a bootloader installed so it was as simple as the unity. This looks like a real competitor to the unity I would like to see a side by side comparison of the two

1 Like

hi I can not change modes with the app i am wondering wy that is the case

Do you use my firmware mod or the original? And ate you connected to the master or the slave?

i only have one vesc i am using your firmware mod i am using ADC if that makes a difrence

Mode changes are currently not supported for adc. When I find the time I can try to add that as well.

I would apriciate that!

Iā€™m setting up a dual motor build and this is the first time I have had to configure ESCā€™s (ESCapes). Iā€™m running mac and canā€™t seem to find a link to the VESC tool for mac - could someone please clarify if there is one and also where I can download it? Thanks.

1 Like

I would really appreciate that. Im using ur FW and App for my DIY friction drive Ebike. Im kinda afraid that it will get taken away if i get in a control bc its way too powerfull without limitation. For that id feel more comfortable if i could switch mode to limit max speed and power as fast as possible in caseā€¦ Thanks for the great work anyway!

I donā€™t think E-Bike Driver have to fear the Police. You Guys blend in well

Just set the restricted settings as default then use the APP to change the mode when you ride. If the coppers grab you just power off the VESC and when they power on to check it will load the default restricted settings.

oh i was refering to the mode change not working on ADC

ahhhā€¦ sorry I should really have read the previous posts. My bad

same problem over here iā€™m working on converting adc to ppm to overcome this problem