EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Yes you need low values if you want it smooth and high values if you want it to hold the speed quickly. And you are right you can easily pump up to higher speeds this way.

But about the starting push(es), if the board could match the speed that you push (or just a x% below it) and like the mellow board decelerates in n seconds, i guess you wouldn’t be thrown off

as a safety precaution I would include the throttle still (or cruisecontrol), this way you can actively control the amount of power (or time). on zero throttle nothing happens (or a settable default current to overcome the boards mechanical friction)

If I use V6, which bootloader do I need to burn first? image

If you have a Vesc 6 you wouldn’t use any

V6 also seems to need to use his bootload. But I don’t know which one to use. image

V6 comes already with a bootloader installed. I would be very surprised if it doesn’t.

Do you mean that the V6 I bought can be used directly? And I won’t have this problem. I have no problem with VESC TOOL. I started to worry about whether my V6 is fake.

If you want top use my firmware mod you need to flash it. If you want to use the original you can leave it as it is.

How to flash it? I don’t know how to use your firmware module. Is there such a teaching link or video?

I would start by doing several “how to flash firmware” searches on here. Then by following up with the people you know have already flashed firmware if you still have specific questions. It’s actually quite easy, although I’ve never flashed a vesc 6.

When I tried motor detection it triggered The following faults were registered since start:

Fault : FAULT_CODE_OVER_TEMP_FET Current : -2.7 Current filtered : 0.3 Voltage : 38.42 Duty : 0.001 RPM : 3.9 Tacho : 0 Cycles running : 0 TIM duty : 4 TIM val samp : 1050 TIM current samp : 3150 TIM top : 4200 Comm step : 4 Temperature : 330.57 , This doesn’t happen on 2.54, any idea what could be the problem?

Also happens with the new vesc tool, using focbox, and this happens on all 3,4, 5 hundred other focboxes aswell, its getting frustrating as shit

Update: works with flipsky 4.12, doesn’t work with focbox

You have to use the 4.12 firmware for the focbox as well.

Is it possible to upgrade the firmware through a phone with those Bluetooth modules that are commonly used (not the one Benjamin uses)?

Hey everyone. I’m fairly new in this forum and I’ve done a ton of reading looking for an answer to my problem.
I’ve recently downloaded the ackmaniac tool and configured both motors and ESCape boxes on my kaly board. Sensored Foc mode works great only problem is after I did all the work my Bluetooth dongle doesn’t connect to either of my eSkate vesc or ackmaniac app. 2 different phones and nothing works

Suggestions on how to fix the problem??

Any help will be highly appreciated

did u remeber to connect the Rx and TX on your bt dongle to the TX and Rx in the vesc?

Hi there. Thanks for the reply.
Nothing has been disconnected everything is in place. This happened after I reflashed the escapes with 60 hardwareimage Before that everything was working just fine

Hmmmm is the master set to ppm and uart with 9600 baud rate?

2 Likes

That is exactly what I was going to suggest.

1 Like

Master set to ppm as for the uart deal I have no idea. I guess that I would have to check with my computer As I stated before. I’m new here and understand some of the definitions can be confusing at times :joy:

The only useful info I have is that Ernesto said

“On the Bluetooth, If you are using the Trampa BLDC tool this feature will not work”