EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Ah, this makes sense! Thanks for the explanation ack :sunglasses:

1: Wait, if slave control mode is set to only uart and takes commands from master (BT connected to master), then why wonā€™t changes to control mode for master work and slave just mirror it since master is just sending data to slave to replicate?

2: Solved! Itā€™s my nano-x calibration routine!!!

I still have the symptom where brakes are very strong starting fresh, regardless of speed to a certain point. If I ride up to higher speed though, everything works as expected. I donā€™t have any issues if I spin my wheels full speed forward and reverse though before hopping on my board. If I spin the wheels full speed both directions, then braking power works as expected. Having the super duper strong brakes symptoms seems 100% linked to how fast the wheels have spun or not since starting up the board.

3: Have you or anyone here tried using Vedderā€™s vesc tool Android APK to modify firmware settings outside the app? Iā€™m guessing Iā€™d need to flash my HM-10 clone with new firmware for it to even workā€¦ Iā€™m wondering if it will ask me to update to the latest VESC tool firmware I stead of your own before making any changesā€¦ Iā€™m just trying to think of alternatives to swapping PPM control modes on my setup short of hauling my laptop in my backpack to reprogram it on the road (panel mounted USB on the enclosure is nice, but not that nice).

Sounds like the well known nano x calibration issue

4 Likes

OH!!!

That is it!!! I totally forgot about that!!! I donā€™t calibrate my nano-x every time I start my board!!!

I always turn on the board, then the controller. It should be controller first, full throttle, full brake, then turn on board.

Thank you so much for reminding me!

1 Like

Haha whereā€™s my like? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Man it really does some weird shit if you donā€™t calibrate itā€¦ I donā€™t like that at allā€¦

1 Like

BAM 101010ā€¦ Got ya

1 Like

It works via the app. So you did connect the module to the master, right? Then check in the app settings of you activated to connect via CAN. If yes then you need to deactivate it because you are already the master. If you still donā€™t see modes then check if your master sends his status via CAN in the vesc settings? That needs to be deactivated. Only the slave should send itā€™s status. When all of this is setup correct then you will be able to change the control mode via the app.

1 Like

Ah! I do have BT connected to masterā€¦ And I selected connect to CAN ID 1 in the app. Only slave sends status from ESC toolā€¦ Makes sense that I shouldnā€™t select connect to CAN ID 1 in the app. Iā€™ll try this tonight, thanks!

Edit: that was the issue! I was in the middle of compiling your ESC tool for Android so that I could boot the app, use a Bluetooth mouse on the go to use the full desktop tool on the go connected via tcp to the app to change modes on the fly but this is obviously a million times better. Thanks man!

1 Like

Im having issue connecting esc monitor app to focbox with .102 firmware. Bluetooth connected to master with ppm and uart enabled. App seems to be working fine with other board with .100 firmware. Anyone else having this issue?

Check the wires (RX to TX and TX to RX) and baudrate od 9600 for standard modules. The BLE module should be connected to 5V. If you have android 8 then not all bluetooth modules will work.

Okay, so it seems like 2 out of 3 of my Bluetooth modules donā€™t connect. One of those use to connect but thatā€™s was probably last year before a Android update maybe? My oldest bluetooth module still works, the two newer ones look the same. So I need to get new modules. Thanks.

or if you have a Arduino you can update them with new firmware. In my app thread there is more info about it.

1 Like

Damn. Thatā€™s out my skill set. Wonder if anyone would do this in the US.

hey ,ackmaniac can you tell if i need the boot loader +firmware to load the 3.102 with my 4.12 vesc because right now i have done everything right and my new vesc work but the old one as a problem i never see , the trottle not respond at all in forward motion but work only backward with 2 push back of the trottle thanks

problem solve i have reinstall the default bootloader and firmware 2.18 with the st-link programmer tool and then upgraded to 2.59 then 3.102 !! both with the usb ! piece of cake !:smile:

1 Like

Hi. I am using the ackmaniac vesc monitor with andoid 6 with a hm-10 bluetooth module. Everything is great except I cant change between the modes. I want to restrict the scooter for my kids. I can set the modes up but when I click the box and select a different mode it just remains on default and nothing changes. Does anyone have any ideas please?

1 Like

Please make a Screenshot after you changed the mode and a Screenshot of your settings first screen. And do you have my firmware mod or the original firmware?

hi ,ackmaniac yes lot of change for me there but again another problem occur and when i put my tx off ,the motors start spinning at full trottle and i donā€™t have failsafe on my rx . and its to dangerous to ride like that , the time out is set to 1000ms right now .

which remote do you have. pretty sure there is a way to adjust the failsafe.