EXTENDED ACKMANIAC-ESC Tool based on VESC-Tool

Just released the new Version 3.102:

• Fixed bug where motor did spin backwards when motor max is lower than motor min.
  • Cruise control now takes latest motor amps to start the PID controller instead of starting from zero. This way cruise control starts extremely smooth when you accelerate up a hill (or at braking (only NRF)). If you did hold a constant speed uphill before activating cruise control you won’t even recognize that it became active. Old behavior always started form 0 and tried to balance the speed. But till you got there you lost already a lot of speed uphill. This way the PID controller could be set up less responsive so that it is even smoother at carving.
  • Small change for start of sensorless openloop to take latest detected position instead of position of last calculation. (guess it’s not recognizable)

A easy way to update is to following:

• connect to the ESC
  • read motor congig
  • read app config
  • update the firmware
  • connect again after 10 seconds
  • write motor config
  • write app config

then do the same for the slave if it exists. It is important that you don’t close the application in between. or you can save the config via the menu in a xml file and the read it again after you flashed the firmware.

9 Likes

Version 0.82/3.102 built for Linux

2 Likes

mac app always crashes so this is kinda difficult. I’ve sent numerous error logs in

Which mac App?

The compiled Vesc tool

You mean while firmware update? Yeah that happens. I don’t have a MAC so i can’t really analyse. If you have a error log that could help. Never seen one.

During update and anytime the Vesc is rebooted. The Mac application will restart. I’ll see if i can access a log the next time I’m playing around with my vescs

Is this just a ESC-Tool update to Version 3.102? Or Firmware? I’m still getting 3.101 in version 3.102 when flashing the firmware.

Tried it out. But it immediately closes when trying to connect. Thanks for compiling this though dude.

1 Like

Saw that also by now, seems that i mixed something up with the exe file. Will fix that soon.

1 Like

Thanks dude!

Strangely having problems compiling the version with the icon for the tool. So i just added the version without the icon for the moment. Firmware doesn’t care about the icon so you can use this one without issues. Will try to fix the icon version tomorrow.

2 Likes

guess i gotta download windows for this here macbook

Did you already upload it? Looks like the same version as before.

Does this VESC tool work on windows 10 as well?

I’m pretty sure it should. I haven’t run windows in a decade so I’m pretty out of date with it. I just run a vbox using windows 7 when I need to update firmware.

Nice i just got vbox and i plan on using that, do i have to switch off live monitoring or something like that for it to work? i remember someone having an error using a virtual machine

Yep. That was me. Ack figured out that using the heartbeat causes some issues when running a vbox. So turn that off when you don’t need it because it consumes a lot of the connection.

My Mac would freeze when I updated the firmware. And I have a solid state drive and upgraded ram so it shouldn’t freeze.

The file was ok, but now i replaced it anyway with the icon version. Have fun.

2 Likes